PLEASE Asobo: return SU4 for PC users!

Just give us sliders to crank it back up

2 Likes

i find su5 excellent…greatly reduced stuttering, and i can set higher settings than before And the clouds look great.

2 Likes

Maybe you should go develop your own game and implement sliders to whatever you want to. Why does everyone think that a slider is such an easy thing to make. “Just let it go to 100000000 lod”. The same as the user.cfg lod changes. Yes it works, but it’s not implemented in such a way that it’s also optimized. They should improve lod distances in general. Then it doesn’t matter if the slider go’s too 200 or 5000. The core method for rendering distance objects should be adjusted to make things visible further out without losing too much performance. Changing it in the .cfg makes things an even bigger stutter fest then it allready is.

So stop saying stupid suggestions.

Still don’t see anything wrong.

3 Likes

Yes, it is excellent for the low and medium-level PCs. Not for the high-end anymore when you can experience amazing graphics on ULTRA with everything maxed-up before this update. I’ve just tried the game on my old gaming laptop - yes, it’s a huge improvements… but this is unfortunately cannot be compared with what previously you can see with RTX3090 4K ULTRA.

1 Like

Please give us our Simulator Back 🥲:+1::pray:t2::airplane::man_pilot:

1 Like

You kinda’ don’t sound like an adult when you say:

Those of us who are asking for pre SU5 graphics aren’t wanting to take away your happiness with the dumbed down SU5. We had beautiful graphics albeit at the cost of some performance. Why is it that we should have to give that up so that you can get a constant 60FPS. I want you enjoy your 60FPS but I’d be willing to settle for 30FPS and have the fidelity we had before SU5. It was all there, and now it’s gone. That’s why many of us are upset. The fact that you can’t understand that does not mean it isn’t a real issue.

Let’s have both. You sim at 60FPS and have a nice smooth flight with washed out scenery and poor LOD and let those of us who choose to give up some of that great new performance can get back the beautiful texturing, colors and LOD that we had before.

See, win win!

4 Likes

Funny that SU5 visually cognates with SUS :smiley:
Indeed this update looks too sus and sabotaged my graphics.

1 Like

(Edited for a healthier tone)

Yeah, and that’s fine. It’s not a bother for me. It’s also not something I’m going to scream and yell for when there’s actual bugs that affect flight. Enjoy your sim!

Things I think they MUST fix:

• air temperature spike issues – according to mods this was fixed by devs but the fix got reverted somehow (it’s a server-side issue) and they’re still working on it last I heard
  • indicated altitude not matching pressure altitude at STD, causing ATC to fail (both internal and external like VATSIM) at high altitudes – this is one they are known to be actively working on, based on the reports from Matt at Working Title in the relevant threads

Things that I don’t think a petition is needed for, even though it would be nice to fix them:

• Clouds are much less detailed – still, would be nice to have a higher clouds option when they have a chance! I do miss the old clouds, I admit.
  • LOD “pop-in” – they have said they’re making some changes so the PC version will be default be less aggressive in the LOD transitions, which should also reduce the “pop-in” effect when panning quickly because fewer things will get unloaded. I hope!
  • fuzzy ground textures at high alt – I saw a thread with an analysis of this that pointed at the LOD stuff. So hopefully that will get improved too, but that’s always been kinda bad. So hoping…

Again, that’s ok. If you DO care a lot more about the graphics than I do, hey that’s fine! Graphics are important too, and we should have higher-quality options that trade off for performance.

I would not mind that at all and I hope they do it. But “return SU4” is nonsensical in my opinion, and I think people are being overly emotionally invested in this. And I say that as someone who routinely gets overly emotionally invested in things. :slight_smile:

I would like to apologize for being a little strident in my previous message though. I’m part of the problem too. :wink: I’ll edit it and clean it up a bit to make it less jerk-ish. Sorry!

I just want my AI aircraft lights back so I can fly at night again.

Nothing wrong, it’s just not what it used to be before the update (the level of sharpness of the ground textures).

Stupid am i. I see you are perefect

I just want the colors fixed, it looks a bit toyish now. Get rid of the lines in the sky, work on the volumetric clouds and fix the bugs. Oh and the trees. My main wish though is to get rid of the visual distortion when panning around. Other than that I’m a happy camper.

2 Likes

Never said that i’m perfect. But expecting adding a slider is just a simple solution to magically make things better is just stupid. So… Never said you are stupid. But the suggestion kinda is.

It wasn’t my idea, I just heard a couple of people chatting about it a couple of days ago. I am a pro musician and computers are not my area of expertise.

Asobo, do not downgrade back.

SU5 is the best update i have seen, some pop ups, i dont mind.

The brightness is better. In SU4 it was too dark now i can see even with thick cloudcover.

Now i can use photogrammetry all the way, formerly it was impossible. Now i dont have to upgrade my system.

I am a happy flyer.

2 Likes

No SU4 please. Just fix whatever is broken.

If that means going back from 50FPS to 35FPS so be it but I want it smooth 35FPS which SU1-4 never were

2 Likes

Well, there’s changed much more in terms of optimizations then just a turned back slider. So it’s a bit more complex then adding a slider to ‘ramp it back up again’.

The sliders are just a way to choose between different predifined settings from wich we can select wich ones suits best to our liking. It’s not that the entire game engine relies on sliders to simply say how far things should be rendered out.

As i said. We can change the lod in the user.cfg from 200 to 400… But that doesn’t mean that is the correct way to do it as it is not optimized to use such settings. So adding this option as a ‘slider’ ingame will only make things worse because now the sim has to swap more data to the ram during the culling progress stutters will increase and things will be bad.

The problem is the disgusting pop-in. Just try taking off and switching to external view behind your plane. Then switch between cockpit and external and you’ll watch the buildings and mountains reload over and over again in front of your face every time you switch views. Disgusting. It was never like this. You could switch views, look around and everything was smoothly already loaded in. It’s the fact that we took an incredibly massive step back that is simply unacceptable. I will be here every day raising my voice and concerns until we are reverted back to what we had before.

Hi,

I think the ‘silent majority’ want to continue with SU5.

I truly believe that many of the issues (excluding the slow download speeds) are self-inflicted by not following advice and instructions, i.e. not clearing the Community Folder, deleting the cache, ‘tweaking the config files’, over-clocking their PC, not keeping Windows / video card drivers up to date, re-booting PC, etc.

Also many users are posting problems with the third party products - this is not Asobo’s responsibility to fix, and people need to be patient for the updates to be released by the specific developer.

We should appreciate what we have and look forward to an even better sim over the next few years.

2 Likes