Please "destroy" out of range (FLYING) AI Aircraft - that are causing FPS decrease, (and eventually CTD ? )

I would like my AI Aircraft to be (able to be) turned up to a Crazy LOCAL density, but a limited number, so that density is in a limited size bubble.

Good points. One of my (very minor) disappointments is how quiet - say - Oakland Center is. It would be great to hear a more normal amount of chatter when tuned to Center or Approach when flying Flight Following.

1 Like

Should the current number of AI being tracked relate directly to the MFD miles legend? In any given aircraft? Is that the bubble we should use?

I am just throwing that out there. My experience is limited.

1 Like

It looks like if you turn off air traffic while flying they are correctly destroyed, and your RAM and FPS will recover. Not a great workaround having to go in and clear the sky on some regular interval, but itā€™s something.

Personally, Iā€™ll just turn AI air traffic back off. I want it to get fixed, but this isnā€™t a huge headache for me. Iā€™m just glad I know I can turn on ground traffic and multiplayer safely.

3 Likes

It looks like whatever the initial size of the bubble is now is ok - the problem is that aircraft arenā€™t destroyed when they escape it.

A 100 - 250nm bubble should be more than enough.

2 Likes

LOL ā€¦ so a temp work around is to pause the sim every 30 minutes, and turn AI down to zero, come off pause, pause again, and then turn AI up again. and then continue flyingā€¦

What a PITA ā€¦ but better than nothingā€¦

This should be EASY for ASOBO to fix, assuming the ZenDesk passes it on to Asobo as a major, but easily fixed issue.

100nm - 250 nm if you are up hightā€¦ at ground level, it can be much less, which will help with ground rendering etc.

Its basically almost a direct correlation with your radio range

1 Like

The workaround can be simplified ā€œturn traffic off, click apply, turn traffic back up, click applyā€ - traffic is created and destroyed even while paused.

1 Like

Great ā€“ thatā€™s real easy to do ā€¦

This and LNM, have put new life back into MSFS for me.

Now if only the GPSā€™s were a litle more ā€œCorrectā€ ā€¦ too much time using these Sim GPS units are starting to mess with my head, and I am starting to get ā€œBad Habitsā€

I recall seeing somewhere the intended behavior is X closest aircraft - I think I saw that in a dev update somewhere. That is a reasonable solution, itā€™s just clearly not working.

1 Like

That is encouraging, so its not so much developing something new, but more correcting something that is not working as designed ā€¦ which is so often the case.

Computers are so dumb ~!!
ā€¦ they do what you actually tell them to do, not what you think you tell them to do -

1 Like

So, Original Title of this WISHLIST ends up being pretty accurate.
(Now edited to reflect finding in thread)

Now all it needs is VOTES ā€¦ as Votes seem to get more attention at ASOBO, than ZenDesk reports :frowning:

Just upvoted as per your request. My real motivation was the word ā€˜pleaseā€™ in the thread title.
:wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s a case of "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"

ie You get more co-operation by being nice than by being rude.

2 Likes

ā€œSADā€ ā€” Community priorities !!

1789 votes: Upvoting for removing ā€˜Press Any Key to Startā€™

11 votes: Solution to stop FPS decrease and reduce CTDs

1 Like

Relax a bit man. The difference youā€™re seeing is the difference between a topic that has been up for 19 hours, and one that has been up for months.
What did you just say about the whole honey and vinegar thing? That was a typical vinegar post.

3 Likes

In my opinion you need two different bubbles. One for the graphics, and one for ATC.

Itā€™s fine that you have a ranged bubble and max bubble size for graphics (say 250 miles, 100 planes). You donā€™t see any further any way, and this should reduce the load on GPU and CPU. In one of the video updates before the release Asobo stated the max bubble size is 50 aircraft. In my opinion this is not nearly enough. Iā€™m sure bigger airports like CDG and LHR have more planes than that on the ground alone. Never mind the busy airspace above London.

But you definitely need a different bubble (much larger) for tracked aircraft to not break immersion with the ATC. FSX had an issue with this. Aircraft only existed in your ranged bubble. As a result aircraft were only handed off to airspaces you were flying right next to, or aircraft were only landing at airports you were right above. And many aircraft joined the new airspace at the same time you joined, which makes it seem like the ATC was dormant until you woke it up.
The ATC bubble needs to be your airspace (+ all airport frequencies within that airspace) + neighboring airspaces. This bubble also shouldnā€™t hit on your performance so hard, as it only tracks the location of the aircraft. The flight model should be simplified a lot in this bubble.

So, this is with real time live AI too?

Real time live has the same issue, but it leaks aircraft slower because real time seems to create traffic at a lower rate than the generated traffic.

Traffic does seem to get destroyed or converted to ground traffic when it lands, too.

1 Like

Itā€™s fine that you have a ranged bubble and max bubble size for graphics (say 250 miles, 100 planes). You donā€™t see any further any way, and this should reduce the load on GPU and CPU.

Hard to see any aircraft more than a few miles away in daylight, maybe the light further at night. For Visuals I would have thought that 25 miles was more than adequate.

I do not think the issue is in trying to render an aircraft far away, its a Simconnect load issue, keeping track of them.

Having identified the issue, and a possible way to solve it, its now up to Asobo to figure out what they consider the best solution is , with all the other considerations that we are not likely to be aware of ā€¦ after all ā€“ ā€œThe Buck stops at their doorā€

ā€“

1 Like