Please don't stay parked in the middle of runways!

Hello flightsimmers!

I can see more and more people are joining to our group following our hobby!
That’s great!

I would like kindly to ask people no to park or to stop in the middle of runways before take off or landings for hours
Please tune to the active local ATC station in the multiplayer environment and listen the communication between the controler and the incoming or outgoing flights .

After having completed a two hours flight earlier tonight during my landing in Innsbruck airport I saw an A320 sitting there in the middle of rwy without having any intention to take off or evacuate the rwy.

It wasn’t the first that happened, but now I see that happening very often.

It’s a little bit annoying.

Thanks in advance!

15 Likes

Unless it was sitting at the start of the runway waiting to take off, chances are this was an AI plane. They’re quite dumb that way and will often stay parked on the active runway after landing, preventing actual players from taking off or prompting a go-around for others. I had 3 go arounds at KAPF last night for that very reason - an AI plane parked on the runway and not moving.

You’ll know if it’s AI or a real player. You’ll have ATC prompt a go-around if it’s AI. If it’s a real player, you get nothing because they “don’t exist” other than visually in your instance and your ATC and theirs are not connected in any way.

6 Likes

I had to go on with the landing and even when I was in the gate and shut down the engines he/she was still there while another flight was waiting in the hold point before takeoff. I left the sim and that plane was still there…

1 Like

And as I said above, that sounds like an AI plane to me.

2 Likes

Had to do a go around a couple of times because AI planes take a lot of time to vacate the runway:

But usually I just ignore it and land anyway

4 Likes

But he had a tag with his nickname which I didn’t copy…
Do AI flights having the same thing?

I’m experiencing this right now, again at KAPF. This is an AI plane, not a player.

1 Like

And you never answered my question. Did you get a go-around call from ATC while trying to land?

1 Like

It’s my game and I will park where I wanna…:slight_smile: Just kidding. If ya think it is bad now, wait until the Konsole Kiddies get their hands on it.

8 Likes

Not sure what you mean here as one of the upcoming xbox console users will be my father who is a retired B747 captain.

13 Likes

No I didn’t receive a go around from ATC but I 've received the clearance for landing a couple of minutes before.

You may be right, but I can’t understand why was there so so long.

No offence Sir. He is definitely the exception to the rule. I hope he enjoys himself.

3 Likes

If ATC cleared you and didn’t tell you to go around, it could have been a live player then. But this happens all the time with frightening regularity with Live Traffic AI.

IN any case, it doesn’t matter anyway, as you can move right through other traffic.

Personally, I have multiplayer disabled. I content myself with Live Traffic as at least it’s on the same ATC I am, even though they operate with the IQ level of a potato.

7 Likes

@Hester40MT, a bit off topic but glad you picked that up. I am a retired airport engineer and current recreational pilot and I am mobile between home and a weekender/holiday home and I have an older PC. My brilliant software engineer brother-in-law has recommended a Console for me. Cheers.

2 Likes

Wow Just land/take off etc. If it “kills your immersion” turn off AI aircraft and other players and have the world to yourself.

I regularly fly with 20 - 30 other players for hours at a time, all landing out, landing at runways, landings on mountains or on sandbars and nobody gets this butthurt. Cheessus, fly your plane, have fun, this isn’t real life.

5 Likes

half of these are probably players that start to load a flight and walk away to make a sandwich or whatever, and yeah AI traffic is terrible about clearing the runway - and was in all the previous sims too.

I wish the default behavior was loading your flight to “hold short” position on the active. taxing out, lining up and punching it is more fun anyways… :wink:

2 Likes

Well, if you mean the ingame ATC, it doesn’t show other players on the radio chat, so that would be useless.

I have damage turned off. So if I am cleared to land or to take-off and there is traffic on the runway, I assume its a tech glitch, lag whatever…close my eyes and drive right thru it…

I’m afraid the only real way to eliminate this annoyance is to turn off multiplayer. Turn it on when you want it, or when you find a group to fly with, but yeah, it is what it is.

2 Likes

Happened to me today. I spawned on the runway and at that moment the batteries died on my XBox controller. It takes time to go get the AAs and change out the dead ones. I may have sat for ten minutes on the runway before launchin’.