Please fix checklist so they are complete and working

Im not impressed by the checklists.

First of all a lot of buttons are not “guided” when pressing that they should be. Nothing happens. And there are important steps missing, for example starting up the engine (hey, PC-6). The built in checklist are a good way to get the basics of starting up the aircraft etc (yes there are real checklist, we know), but I like them being interactive.

Could you please fix this Asobo & Co ? =)

2 Likes

Yes it’s a shame, and many 3rd party paid aircraft have incomplete checklists, or put their checklists outside of the built in interactive system.

I’d really like to see complete interactive checklists for all stages of flight, checklists are one of the most important aspects of aviation and need to be modelled completely.

Checklists in non-standard places are not terribly helpful, I have a button to open close the checklist and that isn’t going to work on tablet style checklists. I don’t mind checklists built into the FMS where that is how it works IRL.

It’d be great for study level aircraft to include failure checklists as well.

Finally I wish the sim has a shortcut we could assign to tick the current item and move onto the next. This would speed up their use a lot and be a huge usability improvement. As it is I no longer tick the items because it’s too slow and fiddly, instead I just remember where I am as I go along.

1 Like

I am glad to see that we are two persons that would like better checklists. :laughing:

1 Like

Blockquote
Finally I wish the sim has a shortcut we could assign to tick the current item and move onto the next.

Yes please!

Interactive checklists for all flight phases should be standard on all default and payware aircraft. Aside from their practical use they also improve immersion. After all, many complex aircraft are meant to be operated by 2 pilots.

2 Likes