Please fix the Ground Physics (Friction, inertia etc...)

Hi everyone,
MSFS is definitely amazing, BUT one of the biggest problems I noticed (also Real world pilots agreed) is the unrealistic slippery physics while moving on ground (TO, taxi and Landing).
Especially on liners (A320, B747) but also other planes like CJ4, DC6 or CRJ during Take off and landings, the speed up or slow down are pretty bad.

The main issue can be explained as a feeling during landing like “being on a skating ring” with excessive quick movements of the front gear, without the feeling of the wheel friction that usually makes things slower, especially on big planes, moving faster than it should do in reality (It looks like a game or a video speeded up 3X).

This is one of the biggest problems who make MSFS still look like more a game, than a simulator.
We all know it’s still a work in progress, but please listen to us and give priority to this issue.

Thank you for your reading!

Alex.

2 Likes

Hi Captain Alex, could you please put the aircraft type in your question ? What are you flying ? Thanks…

Hey @ArcanePython931! Thanks for your reply, I updated my post.
I’m flying A320 and CJ4, but I discussed about the same problem with a real pilot who also flies CRJ and DC6 on FS.

I don’t understand what you mean.
Could you explain your complaint more detailed?

Hi @PZL104!
The main issue can be explained as a feeling during landing like “being on a skating ring” with excessive quick movements of the front gear, without the feeling of the wheel friction that usually makes things slower, especially on big planes.

All the PC Simulators, I used, the civilian ones, (probably not DCS), have this very similar limitation when it comes to the aircraft behavior on the ground especially with a wind factor that should not affect the aircraft that much in a real scenario.

@Karamich I agree with you!
I’m confident Asobo and MS have the potential to overcome this issue, especially taking into consideration the great work they made.

Confirm you are talking about the nosegear?

If that’s the case, it doesn’t slow the aircraft noticeable down, even when deflected 90°.

Only ~10-15% of the aircraft weight are resting on the nosegear and if deflected to fast, it starts skidding pretty easily.

Delta MD-88 Skidding on Takeoff - YouTube

CJ4 needs full deflection of rudder when taking off under calm winds once you reach mid runway. I mean it is not a propeller aircraft, it has 2 jet engines, there is no way you need full rudder on take off under calm conditions.

Can’t confirm. Without wind I basically don’t need any rudder input on any jet.
Maybe a tiny input at the start of the takeoff run, to be perfectly aligned with the centerline, but that’s it.
There are no forces acting on a jet which would cause it to turn away from the centerline.

1 Like

No, wait, the slowdown issue is for all the wheels included the main gear.
Regarding the nosegear, the issue is that it is too responsive, making the plane move too quick, which could be okay for a GA light aircraft, but not the same in a heavier liner which is more stable while moving on ground IRL.

1 Like

I have that in the MB-339 since yesterday. When taking off, I have to take full countermeasures, otherwise the aircraft will turn 30 degrees after a few meters. However, I thought it was due to an update of the module. But it seems global.

How can you make the mainwheels skid on an airliner?

I don’t think that the nosewheel steering is too responsive. Here’s another example…
IRL the nosewheel steering reacts pretty much linear with your steering input.
Boeing 747 Nosewheel skid!!! - YouTube

Confirm this is the case at zero wind?

1 Like

Didn’t pay attention to the wind (real weather) but several locations. No matter where, I release the brake, roll 5 meters and he pulls to the right. No matter which direction of the runway I choose. It can’t be because of the wind.

Exactly, look how slowly is turning the 747 in the video.
Instead, MSFS is EXTREMELY responsive during turns.

1 Like

You have to pay attention to the wind!
It’s the only force on a jet which turns the aircraft away from the centerline!

But not in the same direction when starting from both ends of the runway.

In this case it’s obviously a problem with your add-on. Confirm you are using the modern flight model?

1 Like

modern, prob since yesterday