Please fix this for non English users - non Ascii

With username containing (in my case Ø) non English letter:
The destination is locked to last visited.

• Solution to this is to tick off beta box in Win Admin to read URF .

This fix creates a new bug:
Selecting a (normal length) route between Departure and Arrival - the result is far off.
Distance is always higher than 5000 nm . Desired Track is far off.
And aircraft do fly in wrong direction - not following magenta track.

I have tested this - confirmed

I doubt that has anything to do with your name.
That issue generally prevents you from loading the sim, or selecting other aircraft.

The only one of your problems you mentioned above that I know can be an issue, is long flights.
They do seem to send the A/P nuts, but the rest should be solvable, which will help with the longer flights as well, but may not solve it

Ensure these are done:

With the sim running, if you are on the start up screen, from the top heading, select “Options”, or if you are already in the sim, press “ESC” on the keyboard.

• Under “General”
    Set “Flight Model” to “Modern”, not “Legacy”.
  • Under “Assists”
    Set all “Piloting” assists to “Off”
  • When you are in the sim, from the “winged” sim icon, Open AI Control (icon to the right of the yoke icon), and ensure that “Control Aircraft” is “Off” (button placed to the left).

Next, and quite important, is to add deadzones to each axis for all your controllers. Approximately 5% should be enough, but there have been instances where significantly more was needed.

Do not assume, even if you know how you had these already set, ensure these are this way now.
The last few updates did change some user settings.

FYI, the moderators are a bit strict on posting in the Bugs & Issues section, as per the site rules, so you should search all the other sections of the forum that may pertain to your issue before you post here.
This section of the forum is for proven bugs that you can’t find a solution elsewhere on the forum, and aren’t already in the Bugs and Issues section.

So, having said that, give the above a try, if your problems still exist after this, post back and let us know.
If this solves it, please mark this thread as solved.

Hi @OracularSheet83,
This issue does still exist. Please submit to zendesk.

A few months ago, this was suppose to have been fixed and they did but some modules got missed. As you noticed, it effects the auto-saved and user saved flight plans.

Very important that you and everyone else in this topic submit to zendesk:
I cannot load any different airport and plane - always the same airport and same aircraft - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Zendesk:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Note: I’ve edited your topic title as you can not use ALL CAPS.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: I cannot load any different airport and plane - always the same airport and same aircraft