Please give us an option to disable thunder / lightning in live weather

This doesn’t make sense. In the time it would take them to implement this change they could just fix the bug. Double thumbs down.

True, it may break something but I am willing to try :wink:

It does make sense if you listened to the latest Q&A Jeff! Double thumbs down

2 Likes

Thunderous day today…

Same here.

Just finished flight from Gatwick to Manchester

I fly in Curacao where I live and also here by clear skies everday thunder and lighting. And… when I look outside, there is no thunder or lighting! So Microsoft, thislooks like a fault in the program…

We have asked this for weeks now. They don’t care really… Shame.

This is a known bug

Can confirm that Lightning is still everywhere in the State of Florida. Just for the love of god, give us an option to disable it.

I assume “clear weather” thunderstorm no longer exists. Been flying now for several hours without a single lightning, even with TCU around my plane. Cheers!

Still having lightning on small clouds. I just wish we could turn thunder and lighning off plain and simple. Why is it so hard. I don’t get it.

In the menu it says thunder meteo. I mean… HOW ?? Look at these clouds, they are so thin, no way this is a thunderous cloud in real life.

Also, real world meteo tracking websites don’t show any lightning activity in that area right now.

Still happening after the December update.

As you can see - terrible stormy weather this morning in Northern Brazil. Otherwise, the live weather is a fair representation. Now, I’ve pretty much given up caring about this aspect of the weather system being broken; but the audio & visual effects are significant resource draws and cause serious stutters every time the seemingly incessant thunder goes off.

PLEASE give us the option to simply turn off the effects.

Same problem here. I tried to install Unreal Weather Mod, but is imprecise, I prefer default live weather, but with these thunders everywhere, becomes annoying gameplay.

+1. For me it’s the worst thing up to now.

In EDDS, 19.06.2021 at 9PM CEST, there is no reason to generate lightning with this type of cloud.

I don’t think there should be a way to disable lightning in live weather; rather the lightning should consistently appear only when it would make sense for it to do so?

2 Likes

Well, that is not happening now and if history is any indicator, it wont. So, yes an option to toggle off lightning is the best answer, IMO.

1 Like

Yes but as with the ice, I would rather have a feature to turn lightning off completely than waiting months for a fix that might not even work correctly