Please Help Me Decipher Landing Instructions From ATC

That seems very likely:

https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/2011/pdf/00087IL17L.PDF

Instrument student here, those instructions are pretty typical except instead of saying the radial to start you usually get the intersection. In this case “ADANE.” Also, cleared to BRK makes no sense, you wouldn’t fly to BRK in this case since you are flying the arc, I might be missing something and haven’t played FS2020 yet but I always file a flight plan that includes an initial approach fix (IAF) so that I have my entry into the approach requested and clearly communicated to ATC.

Edit: now that I think of it, if you don’t have GPS then you might be cleared to the VOR and then out to join the arc. If you are flying it without gps then your doing pretty good, I use G1000 and loading an approach in the GPS seems like it’s cheating compared to flying an ILS from an arc with only a VOR.

It’s repeatedly posting things like this to make bystanders think this was actually true.

Maybe he’s landing the Space Shuttle! :slight_smile:

Answer these questions for me. My ATC talks too much where it can take from 3 to 5 minutes just to answer a call. The ATC is too busy telling everyone “You are below your assigned altitude Blah blah blah”. Does yours do this. My ATC tells me to decesend to an altitude I am already at for at least 2 minutes or more waiting for more climb instructions. Does yours do this. My ATC routes to through buildings and bridges. Does yours do this. I think you get the idea. I have more but you get the point.

I didn’t see that “you are x feet below/avove your assigned altitude bla bla” for quite some weeks now.

Also, I didn’t say ATC doesn’t have issues. But “doesn’t work” is also wrong".

It depends on where you are flying. Me US. Lots of AI aircraft not even using real traffic which would be worse. Works 60% of time which includes GA aircraft where it works better. I am a Airliner pilot waiting on this sim to come up on Airliner standards in flight and at airports on the ground. Notice the pause where it will not let you choose a option for several seconds and then moving on to another plane or instructions. If fast you could break in line using FS9 ATC (2004). Back to the old compliant, did they even look at how FS9 and FSX ATC worked to get this sim above those old standards? Hummm

I would like to know any of that or even how to function or control the ILS, I don’t even have a glidescope on the 747 lol

Yes, you do. It’s part of the Garmin display, but you need to dial in the ILS frequency for it to appear.

Agreed. I flew IFR from Gold Coast, up to Brisbane earlier. I built the plan in the 530, and ATC guided me there, right to the approach. There was a bit of a wobble where ATC told me to climb to 16000ft, then 30 seconds later told me to descend to 5600ft, but other then that it worked perfectly.

“I strongly suspect the “111” is just the text to speech engine messing up and it is actually talking about the 11.1 DME arc, it just cannot pronounce it properly.”

Agreed. I had ATC read out the number 1 as “ony”.

I forget if it was a frequency or distance, but it was “Ony 1 miles” (or whatever it was). It took me a second to realize that although the number was printed, it was spelling it out “O N E”.