Please insert the MSFS Game Disc error message

Progress.
Connect your laptop/desktop via RJ45 wired conection (lan cable) not WIFI.

You really left it like that for 29 hours?

Thanks, I will try that today.

:rofl:
Yes, I really did! But I was not sitting there - it was overnight then the next day when I was out. Desperate situation requires desperate action!

1 Like

Tried Ethernet instead of Wi_Fi. No difference - problem still there. Both Wi-Fi and Ethernet give stable constant 50-53 Mb/s.
No idea what to do next , so disappointed as I was right in the middle of a flight tour plan.
Thanks for your inputs so far, I really appreciate anything that may help!

Check your inbox.

This is randomā€¦

Why is MSFS now asking me to insert cd considering, I live in NZ where it was only Europe that had the CD, I brought the game online, from the Microsoft store and I have been playing this game for the last year almostā€¦
It was fine this morning now it wonā€™t let me open the game

Error message ā€œPlease insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Disc.ā€ ā€“ Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Same Here. Out of nowhere its asking me to insert disc???!! It was fine yesterday

click the link above your post.

1 Like

Thanks. I fixed it after logging in/out several times from Microsoft store as was mentioned earlier in the post.

Same problem, ā€œinsert your msfs discā€ out of the blue (I donā€™t even have the Aerosoft version)

Why not just try what has been written literally 3 posts above yours?

it should not be necessary

1 Like

Correct, but sometimes it is. You can either follow the advice given, or sit there staring at the insert disk prompt waiting for it to fix itself.

1 Like

now cā€™mon

I do not stare at the message and I solved the problem by logging in and out of the Windows Store.

The advice on that page is snake oil for 99% of people and people will just lose interest if they spend hours with nonsense.

2 Likes

Then you found you way, one of many. Itā€™s the same for those chasing CTDā€™s. There are many causes.

If the Zendesk FAQ contains explicit hints, you can be sure that this is a known issue but without a solution (yet?).
Posting here that you just ran into the same issue wonā€™t help anything.

Itā€™s not like it happens all the time, but if you have additional input (conditions, reproduction etc.) feel free to provide it here or via Zendesk.

1 Like

Well I just got hit with the Insert Game Disc issue 07/15/21. Iā€™ve followed the steps on zendesk no luck. Game worked fine on Tuesday. Thursday evening ā€œInsert Game Discā€ attempted today same :frowning:

1 Like

Same here. Tried all the mumbo jumbo stuff submitted feedback no luck hell reinstalled windows & factory reset gateway too. This is stupid. easier to get actual private license I fathom.

Edit forgot to mention I purchased the game as well on Windows store and have game pass ultimate and made sure have the digital ownership installed.