"Please insert the MSFS Game Disk" with beta only : Update: work around found

I can’t see digital ownership on the list and if I search for it in the store it doesn’t come up with anything.

Store link here - Buy Digital Ownership | Xbox

It’s telling me to buy the game but I’m on game pass, this is turning into a nightmare.

I just checked it’s showing installed. Thanks for the update.

Went back to SU9, runs fine.
Into the beta SU10 again, insert disc error.
Have tried everything sugested here, and from my support request, no luck.
Will stay with SU9 until release of SU10, that is the only option.
And still enjoy x-plane 12 beta.
Greetings Kurt

Fix If In Insiders Hub Windows Gaming Preview

Via advice from @tamalien here’s what fixed it for me. The culprit was the preview version of ‘Windows Gaming’. Steps to fix:

1. Go to Xbox Insider Hub and opt out of ‘Windows Gaming’ if you are in it (if you aren’t then this isn’t the fix for you):

(here’s the wee sucker in the middle, v6.xx something that we got today as an update):

1. Restart/reboot. Wait for Microsoft Store to update to give you the old v5.xx version.

If for (2) you are finding it takes too long for the store to give you an updated version, and it’s late and you want to go to bed, then you can speed it up if you’re ok with a command line with an admin powershell console of:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

…and then a

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

…then hit the store entry ‘Get’ button. That should jiggle it along a bit.

Now no more disks to insert…

EDIT: Full picture how-to guide here (click to open on ‘Possible Solution’):

42 Likes

@notsofearless that fixed it for me, thank you very much for this.

2 Likes

worked for me as well (unlike all other suggestions posted before), thank you so much @notsofearless

1 Like

Worked for me as well…A big thank you…MSFS is back up and running

1 Like

Worked for me too!! Thanks😁

1 Like

Not really. Going back from SU10 beta to SU9 I lost Profile and Options screens, and apparently it’s a common occurence and not fixable other than full redownload and reinstall.

1 Like

The “get” button does not show for me after opting out of preview and running the “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”. Did a full reboot and tried it but no “Get” button.

Edit* It did work. I didn’t notice the first command line (remove) instruction when I tried it first time. Worked the second time with “remove” then “Get”

i did try X-Plane 12, but too ugly for now because early access, i fly up to 5000 feet and alt+f4, i should start X-Plane 11 instead, but no mood to fly already yesterday.

i hope Asobo/Microsoft can iron out insert game disc permanently, it ridiculous, on my Xbox Series X, no issue when launch MSFS, only PC (MS Store) having issue…

This one works too, but once I reboot computer, it return to previous state, and the only way for me to get it worked again, is to click MSFS fix\reset, run MSFS, then after selecting MSFS path, then MSFS will boot complete without the insert disk message. It did the same with my previous fix solution which I thought it was working.

Ms store/Xbox store log out each time as well.

Thanks a million!! It’s working for me again

1 Like

That worked for me too! thanks a ton.

1 Like

Same issue, Also noted Gaming services and Win 11 updates plus MSFS upfdate prior to this issue.

Worked for me but since the SU10 update I have CTD after CTD and now it’s gone back to “Please Insert The MSFS Game Disk” How frustrating! and now I can’t stop MSFS from trying to start up.

Some users haven’t been able to play for 3 days :wink:

This worked, thanks, I tried to do this earlier, but I forgot I was in the tech insider program. That was the key. Thank you. :slight_smile: