Please Make a Completely Separate Forum for XBOX Users

Hi All,

These forums are difficult enough to navigate at the moment with MSFS only on the PC platform.

Please, for the sake of clarity, can you make an entirely separate forum for XBOX users.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Are you asking for an entirely new forum or an Xbox specific category?

An entirely different forum with all the same categories as this one because the XBOX has its own specific hardware and I assume the XBOX version will be different software.

4 Likes

What I do not understand is the benefit of having two forums? Having two separate forums would:

• Requires two installs using two different domains

• Requires two sets of moderators (one for each)

• There would be no continuity for common topics (update discussions, feature ideas, bugs & issues, Wishlist, world discovery etc)

• Anything personal preferences you made on one forum would not be available on the other

• Many other things

Surely it would make more sense to have an Xbox category on these forums where all of the above issues were avoided?

15 Likes

I think we will get mass confusion as to bugs and features between the two platforms if in fact the sim software is different for XBOX versus PC. From what Asobo have indicated I think this will be the case (different software versions).

Two different domains, two different moderators, no problem as each will be interested in their own specific platform.

The features requested/discussed may not be applicable to both platforms/software versions.

At an absolute minimum, we must have a separate XBOX category within these forums.

If we do have a separate XBOX category within these forums, then as part of every topic, the initiator of that topic MUST be required to state what platform they are using.

That is, they cannot post a topic unless they state what platform they are using. Make it a drop down box that is compulsory before you can post.

That way, all XBOX posts will be differentiated form PC posts.

15 Likes

I think as the bare minimum the Xbox should have its own section on these forums for the very simple reason that you will be faced with up to 15 million Xbox users raising questions surely it makes sense for Xbox users to have their own section and subsections.
Left as it is it is too disparate and has no focus for specific Xbox issues and after all MSFS is part of the XBox studios. If there is no movement on this within the next 14 days I will write to Phil Spencer Head of Xbox studios

4 Likes

This is going to be an interesting one — and I am curious now to see how it evolves.

I can see the arguments from both points of view, and it is going to be intriguing to see how this one plays out.

1 Like

Or maybe we should have just two major categories within these forums.

One for PC and one for XBOX, with subcategories within each.

5 Likes

That makes sense this forum needs to create an Xbox section otherwise they are going to be overwhelmed with Xbox questions scattered all over the place AND moreover MSFS is a title specific to Xbox studios it was Phil Spencer who gave the decision to go ahead with MSFS

Agree. A separate category for XBOX users may prevent a horde of pre-teens, who have never played a sim, clogging up the PC section with inane questions.

Nothing against kids mind, er, except the nine year olds who shoot me in the face the second I show up on an online shooter, because they play the game 15 hours a day. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Topic tagged with #forum-feedback

I shared a similar statement, though not as terse, recently and was censored for it (I deserved it), so please tread carefully.

My post was simply a practical proposition, as XBOX users will likely have different expectations and software problems. The second part was simply a lame joke, not meant to be taken seriously. I shall add a smiley to indicate that. No offense meant of course.

2 Likes

It makes intellectual sense fox Xbox users to have our own section even though many like me will play on both platforms

As I stated above I will be writing to Phil Spencer after the expiration of 14 days if there is no movement on this

Over and out

To the moderators, can we please have a vote on this topic.

3 Likes

How are console users going to have things like RexWeather or ActiveSky. Simbreif, 3rd party add-on tools, like maps etc? FSUIPC.

What about things like Aircraft load managers, complex add-ons that run stuff outside of the SIM?

I really don’t think the console version will be the same, and if it has to have parity then I feel MSFS will struggle to get add-ons. I don’t know but at minimum there needs to be a separate from.

4 Likes

When X-Box launches, will there be two different Software packages – or do PC & X-Box share the same exact versions and builds ?

Topic moved to #self-service:wishlist to enable the voting system.

Wow – I got to be the 1st one to vote !!!

How the hell do I vote