Please release a VR hotfix ASAP

Excellent stuff I’ll try that… then the patch will come in and fix it again lol. Vr truly is phenomenal.

I’m glad it’s not me…I’m completely new to Flight Sims and VR. I came from triple sim racing. Friends said I’ve got to try VR, then flight sims.
I have but the tutorials are appalling. Every one of them has a VR issue. Laughably the first instruction is to get rid of the yoke. You can’t in VR. Later there are flights that say “start your stopwatch”. I can’t. My joystick throttle is mapped but I have to right click it every time to activate it. I understand there is a fix where I’m supposed, in flight, to lift my headset, find ctrl 0, and then the menus are operable. I can’t believe that the premiere Microsoft fs that has been around for years has this issue.
I’m running a G2.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s ridiculous they didn’t release a hot fix for the VR interaction bugs from the last sim update, but as a workaround you can download the public beta release that fixes those bugs. The download instructions are in a dedicated forum sub-section, there’s a few steps but it’s easy and a must do in my view for VR to get rid of the control-0 workaround that’s a pain to deal with every time you need to interact with the mouse. It’s been out for several weeks now with good reviews but it’s unclear when this beta will be released as the next official version.

Brilliant, thanks, I’ll give it a go.

Build a physical cockpit / panel. No more mouse issues.

Aside from clicking the silly “Ready to fly” button, I have no need for a mouse. Granted, I fly the steam gauge 172 exclusively, and have all buttons, switches and radios placed as they would be IRL.

1 Like

Please take note. The original VR issues of the menu interaction bug have been resolved in the Beta version, but A NEW BUG was introduced with the Beta in VR.

All inputs from peripherals except the main joystick axes, lock up and cannot be moved when the mouse is hovering over the window menu or any window opened from there. This can be really disruptive during certain aspects of flight. MS are aware and have not stated their intention to fix this yet.

1 Like

Im experiencing this issue in the latest public build.
It only started occurring after the ctrl 0 workaround and particularly in the Kodiak and EMB 110.

1 Like

So sad that these VR issues were left unresolved before the Xmas/NY break. I have the ctrl+0 workaround as the you cant use zoom and a few other strange behaviors. Lets hope Asobo get this fixed ASAP as it is putting me off playing the Sim

2 Likes

I agree. I am fed up with having to modify my behaviour in the sim to avoid these random and frustrating bugs.

If it wasn’t for the last year of continual dissapointment in the way MS/Asobo provide great new functionality but at the same time, breaking fundamental aspects of the sim, I would be shocked that they would leave us VR users compromised for such a long time !

Sadly, I am no longer shocked by this anymore, just depressed by it.

3 Likes

Had been doing some sim racing for a while, so late to the MSFS VR complaint party.
WOW! What a mess.

As a software engineer and manager of software engineers, this is a joke.

Back to SIM Racing I guess.

3 Likes

Yep been spending most of my time in iRacing and other sims. Strange when the Live Weather goes wrong it gets fixed quickly, speaks volumes to how much they care about VR.

1 Like

Right now the Devs and MS dont give 2 hoots about VR…The toolbar bug was fixed before the Xmas holidays and still they didint give us a hotfix for it…But as above live weather goes down its fixed within 24 hours…This is beyond a joke

And before someone says…I dont want to be in the Beta…No way im risking breaking my install to get rid of it once a genral release goes live

3 Likes

Downloaded version 1.21.18.0 but still have to do the ctrl+0 to get Vr controllers or mousse to work.
Am i doing somthing wrong, this thing is driving me insane?!

1 Like

Kinda ruins the whole night doesn’t it? I have had similar issues many Saturday mornings. VR controllers are more hassle than they are worth if you ask me. The mouse works fine in VR, or at least it did.

I finished updating and the taskbar returned to working normally.

Does not to me, still have to press ctrl+0 to get Vr controllers to work, thought they fixed it.

Strange, I now have a TBM 930 and it’s normal

Do you mean that you switch to Vr mode and your controllers are working without pressing ctrl+0 ?

Yes. I don’t need to do this.

1 Like

ok thanks, still have the issue and not sure what to do.