Please support Saitek Trim Wheel

Only allowing a digital trim set to buttons is really annoying.

Many planes have wheels. So why can’t we set trim to a wheel axis ?

Thnx

A very good point as many people will be looking forward to the release of the Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant which has a trim wheel amongst other features. Surely, plans are afoot to support this beautiful piece of kit from release in October.

1 Like

Can you not use the Elevator Trim Axis +100/-100 binding?

Thread moved to the #self-service:wishlist category, as it seems to be a better venue for your reuqest.

I used on one of the HOTAS Cougar wheels with Elevator Trim Axis and it works like a charm.

Unfortunately it won’t even recognise my trim wheel. So I don’t know.

I do feel a bit surprised, that all Saitek stuff isn’t auto recognized. It must be VERY common amongst simmers… As rubbish as they are !

The Saitek Yoke System is recognized in my case. It sees the yoke and standard ps2 throttle as one system. No experience with the add-on systems.

Yes it recognises my Saitek yoke and throttle … AND my 2nd Throttle Quadrant.

But it will not recognise my Saitek Trim Wheel

Really annoying.

Do you use the steam version? For some equipment you have to do some addition settings in steam to see them in the game.

I have that trim wheel and it works fine. You just need to set it up manually. There are several tutorials on-line which explain how to do this. Charles.

Link ? Cannot for the life of me find one.

EDIT… Found one thnx. He had it working so I’ll plug on.

Can’t remember doing anything special and my saitek wheel trim has worked from day 1. I do note that I need to roll it before starting the game as windows seems to need it to wake up.

1 Like

Aha. Didn’t think of that. It always takes 10 seconds of rock n Rollin to get it started in P3D !

Cheers :grin::grin::grin:

Rolling the wheel did not work for me. I have the device showing within the simulator but had to manually bring into view all the mapping options for the trim wheel. Find the option for stabiliser trim and assign a joystick axis to it. There are three axis to choose from, choose the axis at the bottom of the list and assign it. You will get a warning that the axis is incorrect however, ignore the warning and proceed to validate your choice. Your trim wheel will now work. Charles.

Great stuff. Will try next time I boot it up.

At Orbx ESSA Arlanda in a PMDG 747 at the moment… in P3D !

:grin::metal:

Hi there,
We installed an automatic topic bumper in Wishlist a few days ago that bumps older topics so that they get visibility. This topic got bumped today.
It looks like other people have gotten the trim wheel to work. So I am closing this topic. I hope that you got this working a long time ago, back when this was posted. If not, hopefully someone in the #self-service:peripherals section might be able to help! And if not, a post in #bugs-and-issues:hardware might be the best course of action, as it might be a sign that certain circumstances prevent it from working.