Please Update Cities/Airports in South Korea! A lot of them are missing!

Your story right now doesn’t help with this vote.
Now we are not talking about the division of our country or the politics.
It’s just asking the developer to play better.
Your story is of no need for this development request.

2 Likes

The official language of this forum is English.
Please also follow the basic forum rules.

1 Like

Korea is a country of bts and Gangnam style. However, people around the world are disappointed because Korean synergy is not implemented properly. Please listen to our prayers
Thanks a lot man!

3 Likes

I am pleased that the launch of MSFS2020 has brought many people into flight simulation.
Often, Flight simulations are said to have a high initiation wall.
Not a few people bought equipment such as joystick HOTAS and pedals, but they haven’t even tried it a few times.
There are a lot of things that come out for sale in the second-hand market.
By the way, as the planning intention of MSFS2020, We are seeing that many people are easily approaching flight simulation. This is truly encouraging!!
Now, Many people of the world are staying own home because of COVID-19,
I think it’s wonderful to be able to travel around the world indirectly.
And, once the virus is over, the aviation industry will become active again,
I hope that the day comes as soon as possible to visit many countries,
I’ve been travel to the country with MSFS2020.
There are a lot of users in Korea with such like these thinking.
Please, Consider MSFS’s next project so that many friends who overcome this corona age can visit this beautiful country, Korea for their healing.
Thank you~

3 Likes

Admittedly the detail of Seoul will be more than acceptable with some additions of POI like Lotte Tower and 63 Building at its current state. However, Incheon airport could get some serious benefits from handcraft modeling especially given its significance in the aviation world. Right now, flying to the airport just feels like I’m back in FSX and it hurts immersion.

1 Like

I don’t understand why these guys want to update Korea. Are the folks in Korea purchased a lot of FS2000 titles? Are the country looks better than other countries? I don’t think so.

Please update around 20 European countries first(Like UK, France, Spain, Countries in north Europe, etc.) and then you can think about updating Korea whatever you called my mother country. Who cares the stupid country.
I saw a lot of complains from UK friends about the scenery of their country. You can try to change the UK first.

Some guys remained “Incheon airport is world class airport why you didn’t update our country.” as Korean. This is called “gookbbong, 국뽕”. Ignore these Korean comments.

국뽕좀 그만 들이마시고 그냥 20번째 넘어 순위를 기다려라. 보고 싶은 나라들이 얼마나 많은데 이제 망해서 보고 싶지도 않은 나라에다, 지도유출도 법적으로 불가능한 나라를 언급하냐.

1 Like

South Korea really needs an update.

90% of the building heights are not recognized by the AI because the game pulled data from OpenStreetMap, I can confirm this, as I directly checked the data and building heights in the game are 1:1 with the OpenStreetMap.

This is actually odd as Bing has floor height data for all of Korea, so I don‘t understand why the game isn‘t directly using the Bing map data when Microsoft has the data available with floors for each apartment building in Seoul.
Simply switching the source data to Bing would improve the cities drastically by fixing thousands of incorrect buildings, maybe Blackshark isn‘t aware of this?

Also Seoul doesn‘t have a single landmark, yet even Pyongyang has one.
At least Namsan Tower and Lotte World Tower would be nice as those are iconic landmarks.

Also if Asobo see‘s this, Naver has recently made a complete photogrammetry scan of Seoul together with the Seoul city government:

Maybe it would be possible to get in touch with them? The devs said in the Twitch Stream that they are sourcing data often from local governments and 3rd parties, so maybe it‘s possible to get photogrammetry data.

4 Likes

I’m working on revamping Incheon airport, have new aerial image and working on the airport as we speak, will take some time but will hopefully bring more up to date!

1 Like

Please update !!! We need map of South Korea!!!

Of course. It’s the country of BTS : )

1 Like

Please update Korea and cities

Please Update Cities/Airports in South Korea :slight_smile:

Please put it in at Incheon International Airport!

I love you MS~!:+1::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Incheon International Airport is the largest airport in South Korea and one of the busiest airports in the world. It is a former winner of the Airport of the Year title at the World Airport Awards. Incheon International Airport was named the winner of World’s Best Transit Airport in 2020. Terminal 2 at Incheon International Airport was named World’s Best Airport Terminal in 2020. - Skytrax

and GMP-CJU route is busiest domestic routes in the world.

Bumping!

https://i.imgur.com/LUykmSR.jpg

Korea has the best airport in the world.
There is one of the busiest routes in the world. (gimpo - jeju)

Ok guys you have a point the missing airports are annoying but for me this is not such a high priority. For people who live there and often fly there i can fully understand but for me other stuff would be of much more interest. So sorry if i say that but MS should focus on the SDK first so we can get more planes from 3rd party and than they should focus on the map again. Because for now we have an already stunning world (with a few bugs and missing things) but the plane devs cannot do anything if the SDK wont get a big push in the right direction.

1 Like

한국의 공항을 부탁드립니다 아름다운 나라이며 세계 최고 수준의 공항들이 많이 있습니다

And~ I want see more korean river~

Voted this up. SK was one of the first destinations I’ve tried and it’s been pretty disappointing to say the least.

It’s a very unique landscape to fly over, with dense tall apartment buildings literally everywhere and mountainous terrain. Unfortunately we get none of that with autogen.

If there are any South Korean modders and creators reading this, I strongly encourage you to share your creations on Flightsim.to, rather than “local” Korean portals. 한국인 여러분, Flightsim.to에서 모드 나 애드온을 공유 해주세요. Yes! Foreigners also want to fly over your contry :slight_smile: Flightsim.to also makes it super easy to follow your updates, rate, comment, etc. Please share. Sharing is caring.

So far we have beautiful Korean liveries done by Supernerd and a great North Korean (!) Kalma Airport by MacDougal. But… that’s it. I wonder if Korean modding scene is sleeping or there are tons of scenery addons already, only shared locally, invisible to most of international community.

2 Likes