PMDG 737-800 Autopilot Issue

Hello. I bought the PMDG 737-800 but I get an terrible problom. In flight the autopilot goes from cmd 1 to cmd 2. After a while the cms 2 get offl so no auto pilot and that happend almost the compete flight. I disengage the auto pilot 1 time wat 2 seconds then on and that twich. But the auto pilot getting on off on off than stays off still I turn it on so it get off again after a while.
A known Problem??
Thank you Pilots

When you initiate the flight and set up the systems, do you turn on FD 1 first or FD2?
You need to activate FD1 first to do it the master, can be checked by a green “M” above the switch.

1 Like

Hi thank you for your response. I turn first my side Left then fd2. Fd 1 get on for A while and than goes to fd2 with that green M

If I may, @FernandoPosada, PMDG have included super helpful “Introduction” and “Tutorial” PDF files with each aircraft. You can find those files in the <…\Community\pmdg-aircraft-738\Documentation> folder.

These files will help you understand all the basic functions and guide you on a tutorial flight that will show you how to setup the cockpit and use the FMC and autopilot. I couldn’t recommend them more highly. Enjoy!

1 Like

It doesn’t matter. Sometimes I switch FD2 first and sometimes FD1 and CMD1 always will be ok whatsoever.

Are all the assistants turned off in the sim?

Almost…only assist atc is on.
But yesterday there was no problem

Make sure you have all the updates in the Operations Center installed. I have not experienced problem. I turn on FD1, then FD2 as stated in the Introduction. I only turn on CMD (Left) after I have gotten off the ground. I do use the TOGA button after 40% throttle achieved for TO. But nothing is perfect. If problem persists, I would remove plane do a defrag on drive and then reinstall, yeah not nice, but that will get rid of any spurious issues hanging around. You then would have to reconfigure all your settings to be safe instead of just reloading a “saved start state” as that may be where the bug is. Fresh and clean install might fix it. Also, you can post on the PMDG forum as lots of people on there who helped make plane with PMDG, they might have a solution.

Hi MeridianSquid71…The problem is the mcd I build. There is a problem in the switch A & B. When I turn off my build mcd the problem is gone.
Thx you for your help

Maybe something wired backwards at that switch you built. Good Luck.