PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

Im sure Asobo will sort it out, but it is disappointing as I did hope it would be solved in SU10. Oh well roll on the next SU. 10 in general has been really good IMHO.

1 Like

Hard to believe that crew flying 4 sectors per day 5 days per week with no standbys on summer don’t have hand with the airplane… I know you’ve flown for more companies than me but I’ve flown in two and was very close to other 2 companies and seriously, just the rhythm of work in the company we’re talking about makes great pilots. Also, it’s hard to believe that they’d be significantly different than other airlines considering how much pilot rotation happens in Europe. We’re all basically the same people… same flightschools… same airports… same weather.

Ah heck. It didn’t work for me. Got into the A320, loaded my A320 control setting and took off. Everything normal. Went back into B737 and cockpit still dark and unfunctional.

Have you tried using the Windows uninstaller and then reinstalling?

Hi LameLefty. Let’s see, what I did was remove the a/c from Community folder and then used PMDG installer to re-install. Is there another way I should try?
Thanks

1. Remove any installed liveries for the 737 from the Operations Center

2. Uninstall the 737 from add/remove programs.

3. Go too {SIM}\Community and make sure there is no pmdg-aircraft-737 folder. If there is delete it. Basically:

3.a. Go to C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microso ft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packag es\Community\ and make sure there is no pmdg-aircraft-737 folder if there is delete it

3.b. Go to C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microso ft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObj ects\Airplanes and delete any PMDG 737-XXXXX folders if they exist

3.c. Go to C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microso ft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packag es\ and make sure there is no pmdg-aircraft-737 folder if there is delete it.

3.d. Go to C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microso ft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packag es and delete the PMDG-aircraft-737 directory

1. Install again making sure you run the installer as administrator. Right click and select run as administrator.

2. Rebbot the PC after the installation.

1 Like

You could do the whole shebang as listed by @NAC301, but the one and only time I had an issue like this with the -700 a month or two ago, I simply used Windows Settings uninstall feature to remove the program, then reinstalled it. Went fine.

Wow! You guys! Thanks so much. More to it than I thought. LL, are you referring to All Settings/Apps/PMDG 737-700 for MSFS? Is that different from the Add/Remove Programs NAC301 is referring to?

Yes. I just uninstalled it there and then used the PMDG installer again. After the first load, everything was good again. If that doesn’t work, go through all the detailed individual steps above for a full clean-up before reinstalling.

1 Like

Ok. thanks, here I go.

Yay! That did it. I used the Win unistaller and also went thru the steps Nac301 listed and a/c is back to normal. Whew.
Thanks again guys, I was flat stuck.

2 Likes

Took my first flight since installing SU10. No real difference for me. The plus side is that nothing is broken, the down side is that for me at least, I still can’t get live weather to work (this is beyond agravating, it used to work fine) and I noted that a heavy cloud layer looks pretty horrible as you get close to it on descent. Anyway, today I was entering a cloud layer and happened to look down and I saw “Buffet” on the FMC. I’ve never seen this before. Does anyone know what this supposed to indicate (besides the obvious answer that you are flying through a bit of chop)?

You can find what Buffet Alert means in the FCOM. Getting an answer from the manual itself will help you…

Page 11.60.13

You’re flying too slow and manoeuvre margin to stick shaker is now less than specified. Initiating a turn (increasing load factor) at your current speed could induce low speed buffet and potentially stall. Promptly increase your airspeed.

4 Likes

Fascinating. I had no idea this feature was present in the FCM. At the time I believe I was around 9,000’, descending, using VNAV / auto-throttle (with pretty high wind / gusts), if I had to guess, I think I would have been doing around 250 knots. Don’t recall seeing the “barber-pole” creeping up on me but I’m sure it’s possible. Impressive attention to detail by PMDG, I’ve been flying this sim extensively and had some horrible initial flights, stalled, etc, Never noticed it before.

1 Like

Just got the 737 800 and I love it!

Just completed my first few flights and on a few occasions on approach I keep hearing a loud buzz/horn sound with no warnings. Doesnt appear to be airspeed but not sure what it could be?

2 Likes

Sounds like the flaps/gear configuration warning. It usually triggers when you have flaps lowered past 15 without the gear down or you are going faster than the flap speed limit

2 Likes

Ah that would make sense!

Thank you.

1 Like

Howdy, I own the -600 and -700, will probably get the -800, can’t remember if they are doing the Max version.

However, I have a problem. I have not been able to fly the -700 for some time. First, it was the battery switch was poking through the cover and I could not click on anything. Now, after this last update to SU 10, I can’t click anything and the keyboard shortcuts don’t work. I checked and made sure that under the General Options it is set to Legacy and not Locked.

The -600 is completely free from any issues and I love flying it. The PMDG line is definitely my favorite to fly these days. While I love the Salty 747, the aircraft is too automated, I enjoy having to manually input more of the flight information/systems setup in the 737.

TLDR, 737-700 is completely locked up with no switches being clickable and the keyboard shortcuts are not working either. I did make sure to select “Legacy” instead of “Locked” in the General Options/Accessibility options.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the -700. Each variant is a separate aircraft with a separate community folder. It’s possible only the -700 is corrupted, and might be why the others work fine.

1 Like

You nailed it, thank you! I completely forgot that I had moved msfs to my ssd drive and it didn’t copy the files correctly.

736 was bought and installed directly onto the ssd which is why it worked without issue. Reinstalled the 737 and running like a champ. Thank you.

1 Like