PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

Yeah, that happened just a little bit ago. There have been two updates in the last couple hours.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for EFB though. Someone who knows when that is planned to be released?

Lol… I‘d always wait until RSR gives a heads up… they often forget or break something and fire another update just after the first xD

Just had a complete FS hang while taking off with 3.0.59 so I welcome 3.0.60 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Quick question: The speed brake on the 736. How do i move it with my mouse? Or can i map keys to move it in increments?

When i try move it with my mouse it moves but really slowly. This is not practical for me. I don’t have an analog axis at the moment available to map the speed brake to.

I seem to recall that this will come first with the 737 900 on launch but that it will not be necessarily fully functioning.

1 Like

Currently updating to .60. I guess .59 had a corrupt file.

Someone more than me that has issues with irs not aligning?

Only the left pannel is correct. Or maybe i’m doing something wrong. Not happened for me before.

The release notes are out:

[26JAN23] New Updates (ploural) for PMDG 737 MSFS product line released today. Updates whole line to 3.00.0060 - PMDG Simulations

2 Likes

No problems today for me with the 737 600.

Maybe i did something wrong. Now it’s working again after restart of flight :slight_smile: Sorry.

1 Like

I like the purposed improvements to ground handling. On the -700 I have been getting sluggish turning where I have kept having to recenter and resume turning to get a more tight motion. I’ve seen real aircraft turn on a dime. Will check this out when I get around to flying.

1 Like

Yep, I started to have problems with turning the 737 with one of December updates. I can’t wait to test it tomorrow.

Thanks for confirming that. If you beat me to it, let me know what changes or differences you notice.

I’ve always wondered why you have to turn on a fuel pump to start the APU before departure but can run it after the engines and pumps are turned off after arrival. Does the APU need more fuel pressure in order to start as opposed to running?

I have never turned on a main fuel pump before starting the APU. It always starts every time.

1 Like

Question then - In multiple videos (of the sim), I’ve seen a single fuel pump activated before starting the APU. Is the real procedure just to fire up the APU with all fuel pumps off?

1 Like

It may be individual airline SOPs. Not all 737s are equipped with the dedicated APU fuel pump. Apparently it is an option.

4 Likes

Try clickng on hotspots at flight ,armed, and stowed detents marked to the right of the speed brakes lever.
BTW, for me it is a big improvent compared to 736 FSX version,

1 Like

After my first test this morning the steering hasn’t been fixed, at least not for me. Both full rudder/tiller end positions give me almost 90 degrees angle nose gear twist but the aircraft makes a much bigger circle which doesn’t correspond with what I would expect from such a position of the nose gear.

They made it up with the new multi-mode radios though. It’s cool :blush:

2 Likes