PMDG Douglas DC-6

Okay, I guess if I were in that position I’d uninstall the DC-6 (the official way) and reinstall the whole package. It does look rather strange, like it gets stuck immediately after loading it a little bit. You could also have a look at “PMDG Operations Center.log” and see if it points to an obvious problem.

Did this just start after running okay or did it never run properly?

And I just had a CTD after 2 hours flying the DC-6. Half way to my destination.

So if my bad piloting skills don’t crash me, the sim will. This instability is so irritating. I’ve had much longer flights go fine. I don’t think it’s the DC-6. How is this gonna play if one is nutty enough to try a 12 hour flight in an upcoming 777? Crash in hour 11… that’s no fun…

I really hope that big improvement of 27 July is gonna make things more stable.

As a point of reference, it’s been said that running MSFS as administrator is not a good idea. Apparently it can cause issues with security and cause issues like you’re seeing. I’m only relating what I’ve read.

I tried to reinstall and it just went back to not working. It worked for the first day and then after that it’s just blank.

Anything in the log files?

I think you might have to head over to PMDG support for this one. They might recognize this and hopefully have a quick solution.

Final paint for now:
jk6570 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6577 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

7 Likes

No one who has insight will give you a definite answer here.

But “for the time being” indicates that they don’t know it themselves. … not yet.

The DC-6 in general is a great plane and it works, but it also has a number of little bugs
(eg cockpit lights resetting when returning from external view, cockpit reverting to low res drone view when memory low, gyropilot running into ground in certain situations)
and it’s not even clear if they are Asobos or PMDGs area of responsibility.

The fact that marketplace means delayed updates is unfortunate. So they probably want to be able to update regularly until they have ironed out the problems.

The plane needs at least 3-6 months before it can be considered bug free, so if PMDG gets it to the marketplace shortly before Christmas it would probably be the right time. Maybe earlier if things go smoothly.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ve tested it on Xbox yet, or want to do so first…

2 Likes

One more, but now I’m away for a holiday

jk6613 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

8 Likes

I thought we had you chained to the drafting desk.
Have a good one! :grinning:
TG

Why waiting for the marketplace version?
Illuminate me, why prefer a store with a slower update cycle, with encrypted files that can’t be manually tweaked (even be it for a simple “atc airline” fix) or more in general to buy from a channel that doesn’t reward 100% of the purchase to the developer?

1 Like

Regarding the hope that somebody does a DHL livery which I posted earlier in this thread.

I have now identified three liveries and posted a livery request for the community painters at PMDG forum with lots of pictures and registration details.

Just in case some kind soul is willing to make those liveries or one of them.

2 Likes

It’s so nice to see how it’s done.

Try a British Virtual Group, on FSAirlines.net

1 Like

thank you, I will look into them.

Thankyou 4 or 5 of us are flying the DC -6 at about 9.30 pm British summer time. You would be most welcome to join us

1 Like

I will illuminate you.
For people living in some strange countries the marketplace is much cheaper than the direct developer website.

To make my point even brighter I will give you an example in my case: Argentina.

If I buy the CRJ from Aerosoft I have to pay the price in USD, I get a 35% tax because I’m buying in foreign money and maybe even an “import” tax on top of that.
At the Marketplace steam obliges prices to be published in local money, the conversion rate is much better and I don’t have to pay the extra taxes that exist in my country because I’m not spending foreing money nor doing conversions, etc.

This might sound ridiculous but believe me that some countries are ridiculous and some of us happen to live there so the marketplace is really much much cheaper for us.

Having said that I bought the DC6 directly from PMDG because I couldn’t wait.

5 Likes

Now that’s interesting. I have some relatives there and they told me the marvellous protectionism ideas to stimulate national economy.
They never told me however that it also impacts digital purchases.
Absurd, keep it up ns best of luck for the future.

1 Like

Freeware bubble sextant add-on has been released. This is a must have tool for DC-6 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hip Hip Hurray !

So there She is Guy’s. Now we can all go ‘Tree Cutting’ !

ps. Many thanks to DADGAMETIME !

3 Likes