PMDG Douglas DC-6

Love that Everts has some great nose art on their planes… My favorite is probably the Spirit of America (N444CE). N444CE | Douglas DC-6B | Everts Air Fuel | Keith Burton | JetPhotos

To add to that, here is an article that shows some of their fleet from 2020.

1 Like

Wow seeing this plane in black and white is even more retro, from a time when every flight was an adventure with pilots looking at magnetic analog gauges and flight engineer taking care of the engines (the flight engineers became one with the machine and were even ready to climb out on the wings with a fire extinguisher if necessary in 15.000ft over the atlantic.)
Looks almost like a screenshot from the movie Memphis Belle!

1 Like

Beloved Co Pilot does like making her monochrome Screen shots for that from a ‘Bygone Era’ look .
You may have watched the They Fly Every Day vid which was posted earlier in which Evert demonstrates just how they keep these Icon’s in the air.
Their Ground Staff, Flight Engineers and Pilots seem to be carrying the Torch for those Heroes that you mention even though Mid Atlantic Wing Walking could be a bit of a Stretch and even for these talented Guy’s.
Kind Regards and especially from BCP.

1 Like

Great shot. Would be fun if someone remade an airport or two to represent the 1950s/1960s era with appropriate vehicles, buildings and airplanes.

1 Like

IIRC - In the first few PMDG tutorials Capt Rob mentioned “more advanced tutorials”.

I haven’t seen any new tutorials on the PMDG YouTube page in a few weeks. Does anyone know if these are expected, or was he referring to the two tutorial PDFs that are found in the DC-6 Community folder?

I think Rob will eventually get around to making those, they aren’t up yet. I imagine with his latest update that he is quite busy preparing for the “unveiling” of the next PMDG aircraft.

2 Likes

Anxious to hear about that one. Do you have any guesses when/what that might be?

I had this one again.

It’s solved by reinstalling the liveries, but that shouldn’t be necessary after every update.

1 Like

Rob has already said it will be a 737 and they are planning to have it out by the end of summer.

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

I really don’t mind so much, but after starting the sim - wait wait wait - starting your flight - wait wait wait - and then yes finally… you end up in that weird DC-6 :slight_smile:

Start over again…

I really really hope that ‘optimization’ update this month also does something for the startup times…

I’m still hoping he’s fooling us all and it will be a 777… enough already with all these short hop airplanes. Two A320’s, CRJ, 737… I want my favorite big bird. And yes, I’m completely discounting the Asobo ones. Let’s not go there…

Should I give Captain Sim a try?

OMG!

Did you see that? I almost got Captain Sim’ed! How does he do it??

1 Like

I mean, the 777 should be hopefully by the end of the year, he said… so not too long now. Be careful. Captain will get you every time.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ll be happy with a PMDG 737 too. Just not the one I want the most. More patience for the 777.

And then, after all that, their masterpiece 747… then I’m done.

Just fly in peace, waiting for a nice Concorde to complete it all.

3 Likes

Will they even put PMDG in the market?

I’m sure they’d love to.

But I think PMDG isn’t ready.

1 Like

Honest question… What do you do during those long haul flights? Ru on vatsim or using the msfs atc or none at all?

I use MSFS ATC. So far they respected my cruising altitude on longer flights. So they’re no bother. But if they do send me higher up I usually cancel IFR and re-file right before landing. I’ve never looked at VATSIM. Seems too serious for me :slight_smile:

I also have no idea how that works with navigating. I mean, that’s still my biggest issue with the sim: flight plans and how to get the sim to actually respect them.

Currently enjoying the round Australia tour for DC6 aircraft. We just flew from Sydney to Brisbane. Rockhampton is next. It’s great seeing up to 20 DC6’s taxing around the airport and in flight over Australia. This event is assisting me to come to grips with the aircraft and the feedback from other flyers makes for easy troubleshooting of issues along the way.

Highly recommended, if you want to get on top of this bird. See the Community Events for details of the event.

Regards, Paul

Since the last update I’ve got some problems with the DC-6. The AFE works up to takeoff. After setting full power, take off made and climbing it retracts the gear but then just stops working. The DC-6 accelerates to 170 but the AFE does not raise the flaps and adjust power.

I did around 50 flights with the DC-6 before the last update. Now it just doesn’t work.

At a loss here.