PMDG postpones 737NG3 to Q3 2021

You were shocked to read something almost a month old?

So now we’re quoting only part of what is said? That’s not what quotation marks are for. Here’s the full quote, which has a decidedly different tone, mentioning that they love MSFS and that this is obviously a transitional situation.

Chris- MSFS is so far behind on it’s ability to support what we do- it is going to be a REALLY long time before we see you there. I love MSFS but it’s ability to support products like ours is… woefully inadequate. They are chipping away at it- but it is going to be a long, long wait.

As a matter of fact, they said very clearly that they’re convinced that MSFS is the best platform for simming over the next decade. I quote:

“The bottom line is that while we still remain convinced that MSFS will be the long-term best-platform for simming over the next decade, there are still some major technical challenges that remain to be solved before it can adequately support a product as complex as NG3.”

Using partial quotes to warp the words of a developer in order to bash this sim is touching a new low. This is utterly disingenuous and you should be ashamed of yourself.

The actual announcement, since the OP can’t quote correctly: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/84814-26sep20-let-s-get-down-to-business-shall-we

It’s called “concern trolling.”

Incidentally, products with the complexity PMDG has didn’t take one year to be implemented in competing flight simulators. They took SEVERAL years.

MSFS has an SDK that is work-in-progress, but at least it has one. You certainly couldn’t say the same about FSX and Prepar3d when they launched, or even close to launch.

There isn’t a simulator in the history of the genre that launched with a fully mature SDK. Most didn’t have any at launch. At all. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Incidentally, for those speculating along trying to spread the false perception that Asobo is somehow not putting enough effort in developing the SDK, let’s quote PMDG again.

“Working in concert with Asobo has been a new experience for us, as we are normally very much just our own isolated team- but it has been invigorating to work with a team of devs so fully dedicated to the success of their platform. One day I will tell you what this is like and how it is changing the way we work.”

9 Likes