PNG Mountain flying and bush strips

I recently got the “24 Challenging Bush Strips in PNG” freeware add-on by Cebros. I must say I found these VERY aptly named: there are some seriously challenging strips in the package! As in one way in, once past a certain point you are committed: either you land or you crash. In some cases it is totally impossible to abort the landing past a certain point. I also again learned the importance of avoiding dead end valleys: important to do some checking and planning from a safe altitude ahead of time.

Most of these strips are also very short: you land at the threshold on the numbers or you are in trouble!

Because it is so pretty I decided to do a series of videos of short trips between some of these strips. I have now competed the first one between Bawan Airport (BWJ) and Baindoung Airport (AYBG), both at around 5,000ft., using a Cessna 172.

The YouTube video is here: recorded in 4K Ultra and uploaded as such

The following are some screenshots to give you an idea of the content. I unfortunately took these from the video after the event, not the sim, so the screenshots have some clutter.

A few of the runways end in a bit of a cliff: you just have to make VERY sure you have sufficient speed at that point and carry on straight!

At this point, whether you like it or not, YOU ARE LANDING!

3 Likes

Nice, will try. Thanks for post.
Regards.