Poll: Nvidia 497.09 Experience [Update: 497.29 drivers with fixes available now]

I believe my recent CTDs could be caused by the GeForce update.
Win 11, 10th Gen Core i7, RTX3080.

I initially enabled DirectX 12 when released but went back to 11 after what appeared to be no noticeable improvements from 12.

Mixed results for me. In 5 attempts, 2 ctd and 3 short flights, 10 minutes more or less.
Got w10, dx11 and gtx 1070, obviousy 497,09 drivers

ā€œDowngradedā€ my drivers to the september drivers (472.12) from the Nvidia website using display driver uninstall tool. Working fine now.

In fact, no strange fan ramping either (I noticed that my fans werenā€™t ramping up when I initially loaded the simā€¦ something they did before). Sure Iā€™ve lost performance with DX12 but I donā€™t care as itā€™s still in beta anyways. Iā€™ll stick with DX11.

This driver also causes problems in other games (Forza 5, Age4), resulting in short freezes every couple of seconds. Gone away with a revert to the previous version.

RTX 2070 Super, DX11

Yup, CTDs and blue patches everywhere.

Rolled back to previous driver.

SU7 I had not experienced any CTD in DX11 Mode, just updated to 497.09 and now get a CTD when loading a flight.

Second attempt did fine, will keep fingers crossed. No blue patches seen yet.

1 Like

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF
16GB DDR4
Windows 11
GTX 1660

497.09 introduced blue patches and CTDs. Reverting to 496.13 as all other drivers feature an issue in which YouTube videos make it so that the entire screen flickers.

Flew four more successive flights, DX 11 Mode. All did great, maybe that one CTD initially was just a fluke. Have not seen any blue patches.

First CTD since a lot of weeks with the current 497.09 driverā€¦
The game is unplayable (again)!

Add me to the list of unsuccessful starts after the latest driver update. Not a single load that didnā€™t end up CTD. Windows 11, DX11. Rolled back the driver and aside from the usual issues with broken features, all ran well again.

1 Like

IT WORKS !!! HURRAAAAYYYYY !!!
Thank you so much !!! now it only ctd because i wanted to record the descent with the ā€œALT-F9ā€ function of Nvidia, but tommorrow Iā€™ll test without recording, and Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s going to be flawless ( already happened before, to me).
Thank you again for your kind help

1 Like

I didnā€™t said it was the cause. Itā€™s just a wild guess. And I still honestly wish Iā€™m wrong on that part.
Donā€™t get me wrong. No hatred from me against ā€œxboxersā€. I understand the business plan of Asobo to make more money by scoring a wider public. But focusing on these new customers, they are ā€œforgettingā€ the public that has been the most difficult, but also the most loyal to the product. And that isnā€™t good

It did improve the sim for VR users, but ctds the sim every single time when starting a flight, when you donā€™t use VR set. so, no, if it only works for a specific type of use of the pc, it is not good. And Nvidia will have to quickly provide a hotfix, or new drivers

Same, got a definitive, very noticeable FPS boost of about 10% in VR. Itā€™s crazy

1 Like

Aurora R11 (RTX 3080). Serious issues with DX11. DX12 seems to have fixed the problem. DX12 was terrible for me when first released. Random problem, random fixesā€¦

Lol your bias is showing ā€¦ the simple answer is look at the date :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I have no problems with Nvidia Driver 497.09.
Maybe because I have a batch file that deletes the content of the Temp folder including the Nvidia shader Cache:
%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\

1 Like

well, itā€™s simple, it crashed often before, now iā€™m simply unable to load a flight,
with stock frequencies on a RTX 3090 ā€¦

and according to the event monitor, the fault it d3d11.DLL ā€¦

FlightSimulator.exe
d3d11.dll
4deb176a
c0000005
0000000000134e17
180c
01d7e8908df430a5
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
88231f68-4fb0-44ab-94f9-5f3e153f858a
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

1 Like

Have CTDs with 497.09 too: starting at KHIF with PMDG DC6, taxi to RWY14, shortly after t/o first CTD and after sim-restart the second CTD there just prior lineup RWY14.
Third attempt with default King Air 350, made it to the sky but had the CTD when I returned to the field ~500GND to look after all the blue patches I saw on taxi/takeoff.
The time before each CTD was great - very smooth with no stutters, much better then on 496.76.

Update: returned back to 496.76 - no more CTDs