[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

Well, I can’t speak for everyone, but it’s back up in my humble dwelling.

3 Likes

After an update (SUxx) I always have the Sim running as windowed, and I have to go to option to set fullscreen. Not a big deal, just a little annoying.

And for people not knowing the update size and needed free space: It was clearly displayed right before I click on the Install button. So take the time to read before clicking! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Besides the entire servers being offline now I had a crash, what happened was all the sounds became distorted and then poof crash. On Xbox Series X.

Also another issue we cant turn the vario sound off in the glider, i assigned a key to it but nothing happens if you press the key

Hello im on XBX does anyone know where to uninstall the new aircraft and airports with this update individually? I searched in Content manager everywhere and marketplace and can’t find the files at all. Kai tak Hong Kong airport for example is clashing with my Hong Kong city times add-on. thanks

1 Like

Servers are back for me I’m downloading now but slooooooooow, 7mbits/s which is 0.875 Mb/s! ■■■ I have 350MB broadband.

Neat article in The Verge on Asobo’s approach to developing helicopters and gliders for the 40th Anniversary Update. Says the Asobo team actually took helicopter flying lessons to get a feel (literally!) for how helicopters behave.

How Microsoft finally landed helicopters and gliders for Flight Simulator - The Verge

I’m still for users being able to inject/create helipads as desired in the world: Port Your Own Helipad?

Unfortunatly it looks like we cant, I dont know why they did it this way. Lots of us are real world pilots or in my case retired pilots. A lot of us that are want to keep it as real as possible and so now we are stuck in fantasy world were time has been turned back. Would love to get options to turn those Airports that dont exist anymore on and off. For nostalgic moments I love to fly from and to meigs airfield but when doing realistic simulations i would want it the way it looks present day.

4 Likes

Let’s keep some cheer in, this is a major update… an old wish list topic just got resolved…

Haviland DCH2 Beaver, near Kinderdijk POI, The Netherlands… this one flies… smoooooth

3 Likes

MSFS is struggling all the time in the Menus and on the World Map. It freezes always for like 5-10 Secounds. Then i can continue normal, but after a few secound it repeats all the time

no problem just change it in the settings

Exactly what I did. Agreed, it’s no big deal. I was just curious about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wish my download speed was this fast :rofl:

1 Like

We’ll all the new stuff is great.

But they’ve made the white dot cursor even worse. You can no longer hide it with the dpad.

3 Likes

The sound problem does not appear to be with a specific aircraft (i.e. DC-3 as Ii thought) but seems to be Multiplayer related. Flying close to one / some seems to overpower the aircraft default sound and to stick / stay with the aircraft for an extended period of time. Not sure which multiplayer aircraft is doing it yet but I see this issue when flying multiple planes now.

Suddenly I get a very overpowering high pitched jet sound and it stays as I fly it.

I also see the issue in reverse; my jet plane would get a prop-plane sound for a while.

1 Like

This update has been a mixed bag for me so far, When it is working, I’m getting good performance, but I’ve had 5 CTDs so far today and I hardly ever got them in the past. Initial load is slower than before too.

Edit: After deleting my rolling cache and changing back to DX11, I’m getting the best performance I’ve ever had and have not had any more CTDs other than the ones mentioned above on the first day.

1 Like

We have reported this it surfaced during beta on Xbox

5 Likes

LOD degradation on Xbox - reported during beta by many users - is still there. I guessed nothing would be done as the beta phase was too short
Makes all new content fairly irrelevant as the sim graphics have taken big step back again. No wonder we don’t look forward to update days. Happy anniversary.

2 Likes

For me the best update so far.
Only had two issues:

No engine sound, when launching the first time. All the other sounds were good
In flight discovery mode the VR headset stayed in a window mode, like your still in the menu when flying.

After restarting both issues were solved.

1 Like

Overall an impressive update. Thank you!

4 Likes

My performance has improved considerably about 15-25% for both DX11 and DX12. i don’t know yet if this is a good thing because SU5 also gave me improved performance but at the cost of quality and visible range. anyway now i’m able to get 50-60 FPS reliably around Manhattan with a RTX 2080 and AMD 5600x.

2 Likes