[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

It’s this simple you won’t get 60+fps with PMDG on your hardware. My fps maxes out at 45-50fps while on the ground.
I’m just running a midrange desktop on a 3440x1440 WQHD monitor with TAA Ultra/ high settings.
All ultra settings is impossible on my setup with PMDG.

Xbox X - CTD by start game.
I have completely uninstalled and re-downloaded and re-installed, but the game still crashes on startup. I don’t know what to do anymore.

can we separate this thread between console and pc version. I cant filter for PC item posts

2 Likes

Just wanted to post here to thank you for the incredible update. I can’t believe you’ve released all this content for free instead of a paid DLC. Thank you Asobo/MS!

6 Likes

Actually the problem was worse than thought initially and had nothing to do with the sim update itself. I am sharing here just in case this can help others.

When launching the game directs you to the MS store it may mean that Windows Gamin Services were not running. That was the case for me. For some reason those services stopped working. I couldn’t start them manually (buttons greyed out). Worse than that, I couldn’t remove them (using Powershell appropriate commands) so to reinstall them. Luckily the following solution worked: go to Settings>Apps, then select Gaming Services, then Advanced options and then “Repair” those services. Once this is done, I could restart them and get back to normal operations. I then could launch the game and update.

Thanks for trying to help.

Simbrief import works for me on Xbox (photo from my TV). Happy days.

2 Likes

Same for me, just have to input all the other stuff like wights and Vs.

Hopefully will be able to load all the other stuff like depart and landing procedures

1 Like

I start the mission of Singapore (fsx), and immediately I see trees and crash, 1 second after the start of the mission. (b747 moonsoon)

I have finally found a new workaround for the white dot issue when flying with an xbox controller:

1. Press left analog stick down
  2. D-Pad left
  3. Press left analog stick down again

here is a video I’ve made to illustrate

1 Like

Wow, you are getting very sharp labels on those buttons, mines looks very blurry :thinking:

I think my phone camera has done a little bit of sharpening… All tags are readable but not quite as clear as they appear on the photo…

It is a bit weird though. My FPS is much lower than yesterday but the textures seem higher… Yesterday I was getting very very smooth transitions in the cabin. Today they are quite juddery. Actually, now that I’m out of Heathrow it is smooth again.

I will salute MSFS on when you do have a paired down sim installed and need to reinstall it does remember (mostly) what you have chosen to not add.

For myself with a very advantageous East Coast US connection I quite deliberately set what I want, and then reinstall.

i purchased premium edition since day one now it is telling me I don’t own it! I can’t download certain livery packs that I already own because of this and the funny part about it is I have all the premium aircraft in my garage and can fly them I just can’t download livery’s or upgrades I’ve purchased for them

Good day everyone, hope everyone is enjoying the update and pushing through the new bugs. I have a problem that I had after one of the other updates on xbox where the game is locked in live time/weather even with all online functionality turned off in settings. I can’t remember what I did to fix it last time because no combination of settings, signing out then back in fixes it. It’s possible its a bug of the new version but I haven’t seen many people complaining about the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @xXSiCC66Xx

As per the Code of Conduct, please do not ping staff members. We have removed your tag.

Our Community Managers will likely already see your message, or a member of the Moderator Team will escalate it if needed.

Thank you!

If you try to connect during a server event (oopsie) the sim sets you in offline mode, connect and adjust your Data Settings.

Edit2: it can be infuriating, log in and turn it online then restart is a bit of a hokey pokey

Before the update I was flying with online settings and multiplayer and I feel like it got locked somehow. I have turned online off then exited and also signing out and exiting game but it still remains when I boot the game again.

Edit: I have also lost my custom control profile and it won’t let me bind any controls now. It works briefly then deletes the profile and goes back to default.

Yes, the sim (for whatever reason) will put you in offline mode without your input during a server glitch, entering your settings and reactivating is the cure.

With a restart after preferably.

Ok, I’ll keep trying. Should signing out of the Microsoft/Xbox website and back in help? I seem to remember that fixing something in the past.

Check these settings foremost