[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

Isn’t it so wierd how some people have a lot of issues, whereas others have very few or none. :face_with_thermometer:

My experience of SU11 is extremely postive. No fps issues, smooth flying and no connection issues. I did get that Jenny engines sounds masking my own aircraft earlier, which lasted just a minute or two. It was an awful sound. It sounded as if my cat was getting ready for a fight.

Not really - different configurations all over the place, different arrays of mods installed, different place on earth connect to different servers with different loads and different expectations :wink:

Not to forget about different settings - there are people out there with 8th gen Intel CPUs who want to run everything on Ultra+ just because the initial release without anything else installed somehow managed to was able to do this. Which simply does not work if you installed all WUs and additional content.

2 Likes

Yes, you make a fair point.

1 Like

Anybody knows why the copilot character shows in the cockpit view when flying the Beaver? Is that a bug or what’s up with it?

You can switch the visible copilot on/off using the tablet :wink: guess it’s a feature.

Not a bug, it’s a feature.
I whish I could see my CoPilot in every plane!

What the… Cool then. That’s one random feature though!

Would be nice if it got toggled automatically when using ai assistant for COMMs, you know… :wink:

1 Like

Happy anniversary to all.
Big thank you to Microsoft and Asobo MSFS teams, this is the best update ever.
Fantastic implementation of Helies and soaring planes, you are the best….:grinning::+1:

And all those incredible new planes, wow thanks.

4 Likes

Since the release of SU 11, I have been receiving continuous error messages, I cannot use the simulator. Pop-up messages keep coming.

Are they working on a fix?

3 Likes

Ironically, this was the first one I’ve had trouble with in 2 years. Ah well

These are the errors I still get, along with the FREELOOK issue that’s been a bug for a year and a half.

The connection issue seems to occur at busy locations (LAX, JFK, etc), especially with this latest update. I wouldn’t mind it too much if it was just a regular notification INSTEAD of having to pause the sim to press an ‘OK’ button.

1 Like

I also get these error messages at smaller rural airports.

1 Like

I run my MSFS with photogrammetry on i5-9600KF / GTX1070 with settings mostly on MEDIUM (water on HIGH) and never count FPS. Quite smooth, me happy.

Feedback su11 (so far)

Good

• install was big but very smooth
  • great content, thank you so much, great release
  • seems stable
  • seems like you have colour corrected the sim a bit. It looks better and more vibrant and I don’t have to use a NVidia colour correction overlay now, which is nice.

Bad

• wasm compiling broken. A310 won’t compile and same for me today with installing other add on aircraft eg Cessna 414 which now just hangs on install. I bought the Kodiak on sale & installed and it works fine but probably because there is no wasm to compile with it.
  • dx12 has regressed performance wise from su10, I’ve had to revert to ising dx11.
  • simconnect ai traffic broken / limited (few landings now). FSLTL worked in SU10 now it’s partially degraded.
  • ai traffic is taxing about too loudly (at full throttle?)
1 Like

I learned a few updates back to wait until the weekend after the rush has died off.

1 Like

Yep, ok for me too (touch wood), I’ve been trying to master the DC3 while the servers settle. I don’t need scenery to tell me I’m going off the runway when I land lol.

Welp Asobo you managed to absolutely destroy my performance in the update and somehow after two years of bug reports and suggestions you made the white dot more pronounced and even worse. Now it never goes away and controls are fighting each other again.

Noticed massive input lag in the UI as soon as it booted up. Wow the in-game performance on my rig is at least 40% worse and showing CPU limited at well under 60 FPS is just wrong. Never seen it this bad and to be honest I am a bit shocked this could even happen. Massive stuttering when panning the camera around too. Feels like the entire sim is running on the CPU now.

That was the wost MFS experience I have had yet since SU5.

I am on PC though DX11 with exact same settings. Nvidia Low Latency mode which is new, is off by default.

LOL click left stick twice and down on the dpad once is NOT a solution they just added two more buttons and they are STICK CLICKS to make it even worse. To compound the issue, it does not work if you turn the dpad menu cycle off. It also does not work with DPAD quickview set to toggle or hold now. It’s absolutely broken. You’ll notice the VR cursor follows the mouse now and you can even get the white dot acting like a mouse cursor without much trouble. Absolute mess.

This needs to be a toggle now and be done with it. Or stop hard coding it so I can mod it out of the client. It was never there for the entire first year of the sim and nobody asked for it. We have been asking for a toggle for two years now though but again it falls on def ears and instead we get this… It’s an absolute deal breaker here with the current implementation.

2 Likes

I agree. SU11 running very smooth again. Glad I didn’t have to put up with SU10 very long. Lots of bloatware though.

You should identify your reply as being for a
Xbox console .

1 Like