[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

I tried the same flight at night and it took less than three minutes to load.

Don’t know what was causing it not to load earlier.

Yes, I have tried the Safe Mode. Not for this flight plan but for some others that were also not loading, and the results were same in the Safe Mode too.

We do that to mix the new Microsoft TNCM Princess Juliana International airport with the Airworthy Designs TNCM version to preserve AWD’s included TFFG Grand Case as part of the procedure when using this addon modification:

St Marteen TCNM enhancement and compatibility mod for Microsoft TNCM » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hello,

interesting, I’ve tried test his PLN file. It took 1s of load it and start flight as quickly as normal to my system - cca 10s. But, for first I did change file’s name to some normal name f.ex. 02 Test Flight.pln because its original name is somehow not correct to me, it use some chars what I don’t expect to have in file names.

Update: now I see in my GTN750 only one track between both airports, no any other legs as I see in world map so I expect some problems here, in GTN750 with defined user waypoints. Ok, no problem. With C172 G1000NXi no problem, all is ok inside and FPL is on G1000 presented, all seems ok.

My system :smiley:

i7 8700B 4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti 8GB Win10 x64 Home

I think that I may have to row back a bit on this one. Never experienced harsh turbulence before, until last night that is. I didn’t have a lot of time (never do have enough :roll_eyes:) so I thought to do another Bonanza work up flight. Live weather, live traffic out of Dunedin, New Zealand. ATIS went along the lines of ‘Wind calm. 121 at 5. Few clouds at 4,000. Few clouds at 5500. Temperature 13. Dew point 10. Altimeter 29.13. Not windy, not very warm and low-ish pressure, plus a flatland straight out departure from Runway 21 so, in theory quite pleasant flying weather. As part of the exercise I was using AP, something that I rarely do but I’m planning some longer distance flights and just wanted a refresher. So, cleared the runway, gear up and selected AP in FLC with a climb speed of 100kts to 3500’. Looking around the cockpit I noticed the elevator trim dancing around like Michael Flatley’s feet :thinking:. So, I turned out over the sea to see if that might have any effect on the situation. The wind was fairly stable, gusting sort of 5 - 8 with a steady direction and with a stable sea temperature I figured the trim would stop doing its jig - but no, it didn’t. I trundled about a bit in AP then recovered to Dunedin with the instructed straight in approach on 21 starting at about 7 mls. I disengaged the AP and I was all over the place, that continued until I was on the ground where, with throttle closed I had to apply a big boot of right rudder and then a lot of right foot braking to stay straight.

I was 2nd to land behind an A310 but I deliberately stayed upwind of the centreline and high until that was on the ground. Wake turbulence? I don’t think so, the dancing trim wheel couldn’t be a coincidence surely. Maybe there is something going on with the turbulence Post SU11.

^^^
This right here. There are bugs identified on Day 1 of a beta are never acknowledged or logged as a bug. These bugs make it to the final release. It’s not exactly encouraging for people who spend a bunch of their time testing (vs actually enjoying just flying) only to have their input tossed out to the garbage bin (archive) once the beta is over without having even been looked at.

8 Likes

As often happens with complex systems, it can be very difficult to duplicate a bug if that bug is the result of a particular hardware combination and/or internet connection, and if you can’t duplicate the bug, it can be very, very difficult to squash.

But if you don’t acknowledge or record a bug report at all, the there’s a 100% chance it won’t get fixed.

5 Likes

It’s the opposite for us on consoles, can’t do much vfr as the ground is so blurry. Have you noticed any heavier CPU or GPU usage with Skim update 11 or are you finding it better optimised?

3 Likes

The issue with blurry ground textures has been an issue for me for months. almost 9 months.

With this update i reset settings in-sim, deleted rolling cache, reset all NVIDIA CP settings, and then rebooted.

That helped alot.

I find it better optimised, but i know that it’s a matter of time before they mess with something behind the scenes to ruin it.

This sim is like walking on eggshells i’m afraid.

For now i am loving it.

2 Likes

Interesting input. So you changed nothing in graphical quality options?

Today I had the opportunity to update my XBoxS. It took several hours to update Premium and deluxe and all installed world updates along with console update that was also available.
All seems just fine and about the same as it was before. No CTDs. Plenty of ugly clouds.

1 Like

Hello again,

Yes after a complete reset, i upped the settings to ultra again. BUT i did it all in steps, with restarts in between. I don’t know how many options you have on console?

I found that just upping your settings, turning on DATA goodies, cranking up the LOD and the rolling cache all at once messes EVERYTHING UP!

2 Likes

The game will not even START since last night… lovely.

<Did you get it up and running?

1 Like

Thank you for asking… I did get it running now… and I have NO IDEA how - so I am guessing they fixed something?

Thanks for asking, I appreciate that!

3 Likes

Ever since the 40th Anniversary / SU 11, I have experienced that the flight log is not recording flight times correctly. Hours of flying have been logged in only minutes. For example, I started noticing when I was about to complete 400 hours. So I was at 395 hours and despite flying for at least 12 hours, I did not hit the 400-hour mark!

Please take a look at the logs below for some reference:

This was a thirty-minute flight around Athens which logged only 5 minutes on the Logbook… Probably when I hit Active Pause the first time to take some pictures, but that’s just a guess.

So I made the same flight again without Active Pause and taking pictures and it logged 20 minutes this time (top two entries with the same aircraft, same flight plan, same altitude, and speed but different entries in the logbook!)

The third flight from the top was made from Dundee to Bara (UK), coast to coast. It was over an hour flight but it logged only 20 minutes in the logbook.

I have notified about this before as well but no one at Microsoft paid any heed to it. Almost every flight on the above screen is showing 1/5th of the actual time.

On an unrelated but important note, I don’t have Beechcraft Baron G58 in my hanger, but it is shown in the Content Manager… WHY? I never bought it.

Just curious, who were you responding to? I didn’t say anything about filing a bug. I described why an already filed bug might not be fixed to your liking.

I think it’s fairly obvious that the log code has major bugs. So many that I’m thinking that it may be for the purpose of allowing 3rd party devs to make a profit.

And I think that maybe ZILLNIAZI17 just optimized his Windows wrong or MSFS is broken or something about the system is not working properly (extremely long loading times, getting stuck in the loading screen, no ATC, see above). The reason can be anything and does not have to have anything to do with MSFS. I wish him to get it fixed though.

2 Likes

Love the 40th edition update, was awesome to fly around Meigs again. One thing I would like to see, which I didn’t think of before hand, is the blimps flying over the stadiums. They always had a blimp flying over some of the stadiums and it would be so cool to see something like that added later on. Just a thought!