[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

That would be really nice :grinning:

1 Like

Tried to run MSFS to get the update but for the first time the game is not launched. It takes me to Microsoft store and thatā€™s it. Never happened before. Any idea?

Update apps in the store

That is normal behaviour. If you start the game before it is updated in the store (Automatically or manually) you are redirected to the store in order to initiate the update process manually.Try to click on the update button in the store. That could trigger the update for MSFS. If not , rebooting your PC often helped. 1Gb download in the store. After that the installation manager takes over (22Gb DL)

1 Like

No, but I am getting a repeated crash trying to update the Nordics WU.

Launching the sim a couple of times allowed the update to finish no then deleted it, and downloaded it from scratch just in case. This time it download completely without any issues.

CTD on downloading updates via Content Manager

data synchronization in progress !

faut pas sā€™Ć©nerver hein :wink:

1 Like

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT???!?!!!?!??!??!?!?!?! Thatā€™s huge!

1 Like

This will get you 60gb clear space if you havenā€™t done it yet since owning msfs2020

2 Likes

39% downloading. Still way to go. Xbox game pass on PC.

Iā€™ve never done that for any of the updates ever and never had any issues

Get 60gb of space

1 Like

Sourceā€¦https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2022/09/21/performance-boost-tricks/

Top of page explains

It looks like normal problem as is during this Update time :wink:

Iā€™ve heard that from a few people who were on the Beta.

One of the guys I fly with just turned on DLSS and switched from Quality to Auto. He was able to get some FPS back.

Which button turns off the CFD visualization? It says < in the menu but nothing happens.

I usually find that performance after a large Sim/World updates is poor for a few hours. The servers get a right old hammering with big updates.

2 Likes

i went back to DX11 and it improved a lot

I had assistance set to Hard and had hidden notifications, but this update changed my assistance settings back to Easy and showed notifications.

Rebooted, still not seeing update in MS Store. If I try starting I immediately get a error code Error code: (0x80070002), which I assume is because donā€™t have the update?