[Polls] Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 Discussion

Read the Release Notes here.

Please use this thread to discuss the latest update, version 1.30.12.0. Other topics created to discuss this thread may be merged here. However, if you have a new bug report, please use #bugs-and-issues.

:warning: PC Users (Steam and MS Store) - Poll Questions :warning:

Feel free to answer these poll questions after you download and experience the new update.

Did you remove all your mods from the community folder before launching the new build?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Oops, I forgot. Will do that now and try again.
  • I don’t use mods
0 voters
Did you experience any CTDs while downloading and installing the newest update? If yes, please respond to this post and let us know more details.
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in the menu or World Map areas?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in flight?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being smoothest, how is your performance/stability in this update? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
0 voters
Is your performance/stability worse, the same, or better than the SU11 release build (1.29.30.0)? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
  • Worse
  • The same
  • Better
0 voters

:warning: Xbox Series X|S Users - Poll Questions :warning:

Feel free to answer these poll questions after you download and experience the new update.

Did you experience any CTDs while downloading and installing the newest update? If yes, please respond to this post and let us know more details.
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in the menu or World Map areas?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in flight?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being smoothest, how is your performance/stability in this update? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
0 voters
Is your performance/stability worse, the same, or better than the SU11 release build (1.29.30.0)? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
  • Worse
  • The same
  • Better
0 voters

:warning: All Users (PC and Xbox) :warning:

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, how would you globally rate this update (This question will be used as a reference between each update)
0 voters

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I was in the Beta?

You will automatically get the new build within 1 hour of when the update goes live. If you do not want to participate in future Betas, after you have updated to the latest build, manually leave the Beta. If you do not manually leave, you will be included in the next Beta build that is released.

Where can I find out about Known Issues

Click here to view the Known Issues list

There are also some AAU known issues at the bottom of the Release Notes here.

How do I see my current version number?

Press Alt+Enter to change the program from full screen to windowed mode. The version number is at the top title bar of the window. Additionally, the version number is displayed by holding down Alt+Tab (above the window icon) or available in-game by clicking on your gamer tag profile icon from the top right of the main screen. The version name is displayed in the dialogue box under your gamer tag

Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder?

We highly recommended that you move the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch and replacing after testing the new version.

Why were certain bugs or issues not included in the patch notes?

If you are still experiencing an issue then create a topic in Bug Reports & Wishlist or file a ticket on Zendesk, using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Include as much detail as possible, including the version of the game you are running. Remember the forums are not the official platform for bug tracking.

This patch is part of an ongoing patch release, so if your issue isn’t patched this time it does not mean it won’t ever get fixed! Check out the #self-service:bugs-issues category to see if others are reporting the same issues (where you can also vote if you have the same issue)

What should I do if the update doesn’t start automatically?

1. Check Windows 10/11 for updates. If any, restart your PC
  2. Manually check MS Store for Updates
  3. Then update MSFS

If this still doesn’t work, the best course of action is to log out, restart your computer, and log back in.

What should I do if the update seems to stall or stop downloading?

The first thing to try is closing down MSFS and restarting it. The downloading should start again once MSFS is restarted. If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer. Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal. (Note only delete files do not delete folders!)

6 Likes

Note: we have deliberately only opened the poll questions related to download and installation for now. We will open the other polls after a few hours once people have had a chance to experience the new update.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

14 Likes

Omg. So far the best part of this update is that it launched automatically when I started the app.

Instead of

• Starting the app, and seeing I need an update from the store, so have to close the app
  • No update in the store
  • Look around like confused John Travolta

It’s a Christmas miracle

25 Likes

What’s the size of the update?

Recent updates have been doing that for me for a few months now

2 Likes

It will vary depending on your platform and which version of MSFS you have (Standard, Deluxe, or Premium Deluxe).

In my case, the download sizes were:

PC/MS Store (Premium Deluxe): 2.54GB
Xbox Series X (Premium Deluxe): 2.66GB

6 Likes

Update was fast and smooth.

• Removed WT CJ4 Mod
  • Removed Navigraph NAV Data
  • Renamed Community Folder
  • Completed Updated
  • Reset all settings / set them back (my standard practice)
  • Deleted / Re-Created Rolling Cache
  • Shutdown
  • Renamed Community Folder
  • Started back up

About to do a 3.5 hour flight from YYZ - AUS in the CR9

6 Likes

Did nothing of that (didn’t have the CJ4 installed) - still no problems whatsoever.

3 Likes

Not a requirement, everyone has their own update ritual.

3 Likes

Update process went very smoothly. All ok as far as I can tell. Was wondering what all the other not mentioned bug fixes are for this release. I saw patches for
Airports - OMDB, HECA, KSFO, KORD, & generic airports (snow?)
Other - AI Traffic (would be great to know what happened with AI in this update, not mentioned in release notes)

1 Like

Xbox user here and beta tester. I don’t want to automatically participate in future beta versions. So “manually leaving” part means I have to opt out in the Xbox insiders Hub app and thats all I have to do?

1 Like

Yes, that is correct. After confirming you are on the current live build (1.30.12.0), you can manually opt out of future betas in the Xbox Insider Hub. After doing so, your Xbox will no longer automatically download future public test builds.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

4 Likes

hopeless again, says I am off line but it updated MS store update no problem Sim just operates as off line. Comm folder empty. Cannot connect via top corner box all greyed out. restarted twice no luck

I’ve asked the devs for confirmation on this. They’re looking into it and said they’ll get back to me. They did mention that sometimes files are modified as part of general memory optimizations, CTD fixes, etc. but otherwise don’t have any change in end-user behavior. That might be the case here.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

4 Likes

Hi. With DLSS3 im having performance issues, frame rate seem stable, but the sim looks laggy. I tried disabling frame generation and the sim runs smoth. I think this update breaks something related to DLSS3 on the sim. I would like to return to 1.29, but i cant. Please fix it.

4 Likes

Me too, and it’s happened before. My Xbox credentials get corrupted from time to time and I need to delete them, log out of MS Store & the Xbox app and then restart my PC. The credentials get re-installed on restart/when I log back in to MS Store & the Xbox app. Just type credential in the windows search bar and launch Credential Manager. Click on Windows Credentials, then click on each XblGrts item and select Remove. Then log out of MS Store and the Xbox app. Reboot, log back in to MS Store and the Xbox app - the download started automatically for me when I logged in to the Xbox app.

@@@ This problem has gone away since checking this morning 01/02/23. World map now works fine and no licence check problems. I’ve left the original post below for reference @@@

Update went smoothly except I can’t get online services and the world map doesn’t show parking bays or taxiways (just muddy textures - see screenshot). It’s fine in flight mode I think.

When starting the SIM - I get Due to an unexpected error your game licence cannot be authenticated. I purchased a full premium deluxe licence before the game was available on Gamepass if this helps… I’ve rebooted the Xbox and Sim but the same problem happens. I have not had this problem before.

Same thing here. Offline mode only. How can this be remedied?

Hello @EightApollo4746,

Can you confirm that Online Functionality is enabled from your Options menu?

Options → General Options → Data → Online Functionality → ON

Update went ok but when the sim loaded I got the dreaded graphics device has encountered a problem message and my screen became blocky for some strange reason, so I quit the sim and it wouldn’t re-sync with the cloud again. I had to sign out of XBox App and back in to get it working, but the pc rebooted in between this when the sim was loading a second time.
I did just update ASUS framework and it needed access to memory which was initially blocked by windows 11. I gave it access then everything started working again.
Phew. I really thought my PC was caput for a while there.

1 Like