[Polls] Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 Discussion

The same way you interacted with the old TBM MFD. Use the control panel.

1 Like

Thanks, but I had to go into cursor mode to make it work, that’s new.

On PC/Xbox via Xcloud. The update went smoothly and now have zero issues with CTDs - even when using FlyTampa’s Vegas/KLAS (really shocked at that btw.) Best of all, LOD is about 75-80% of what it once was

However, the options to disable/enable both online functionality and Bing photogrammetry in the general settings → data tab are still greyed out and have been since SU11.
Anyone else having this issue? Since I’m running MSFS exclusively via XCloud I can’t exactly un/re-install it. And deleting my Cloud save ain’t happening (been burned by that gem of a “solution” before). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Guys, I know this may sound like a lame question but do I need to remain in the beta at this point? I’m kinda new to this beta thing.

1 Like

AOA indicator is WAYYYYY off on the cj4. I get the green circle at 0.8. In the WT modded cj4 you get the green circle at AOA 0.6.

1 Like

If you mean, to use AAU1 do you need to stay in the beta testing - no, you don’t.

If you stay enrolled in the beta testing you will automatically receive the next beta test version whenever it is rolled out. Here is the latest info:

Dec 2022 re AAU1 beta

Sep 2022 re joining / leaving beta testing

If you’ve already updated to version 1.30.12.0 then it’s fine to leave Beta if you wish.
You can also just stay in the Beta, if you want to be automatically enrolled in the next Beta release.

This is awesome to know guys, thanks. I guess I can make a graceful exit from the beta now :sweat_smile:

It’s been memorable. Thanks Asobo for working out all the issues and continue to provide us with an unparalled flying experience on console.:heart::blush:

Can’t believe it’s on gamepass… :rofl::smiley::pinched_fingers:

3 Likes

No issues here with my 4080 and G-Sync monitor. You don’t have a G-Sync monitor I presume?

I’ve exited the beta and we’re back to blurry textures and poor runway LOD. I can’t even re-enter the beta. Whats going on here?

I restarted my system after exiting the beta. Cleared my rolling cache and set it again. On Series X here

Anybody else? Game’s looking very poor after exiting the beta. Everything is updated.

I’m including two videos here for reference; one is a Griffin over cape town … look at the abysmal textures and runway LOD.

Second one is the same aircraft over London and eglc. The runway LOD and scenery pop is absolutely unacceptable, Asobo! It looks like I’m playing this on the OG Xbox One. Cape town one is from around 5000 feet while the London once is from around 2000 feet. Both show abysmal Lod.

What in the world has happened to the textures and LOD? Everything looked pristine until I exited the beta! :rage:

Speedster996 | Xbox (cape town)

Speedster996 | Xbox (london)

1 Like

Not sure about that. When a new version comes out, or when I’ve made a change to my setup, one of the first things I do is set up a flight and switch the Artificial Idiot to be pilot flying.

That way I can concentrate at looking at the quality of the scenery, the smoothness and FPS.

The problem is that the AI is hopeless. You have less than 50% chance of reaching the destination, and 25% of going down the taxiways rather than ploughing through grass and lights

Did you unlock the door first? It’s the knob right of the handle.

Beta and public release versions are the same at this time, as far as I know. So there shouldn’t be any difference in graphics.

3 Likes

There shouldn’t right? Have you checked the videos I’ve posted? Soon as I exited the beta, I’m back to SU11 texture quality and LOD. There was no update after exiting as I had already downloaded the update while in beta.

I don’t understand this glaring difference. What’s causing it? So disappointed in this product and how it keeps breaking…

@Pazdzie22

In case you missed it:

I’ve exited the beta and we’re back to blurry textures and poor runway LOD. I can’t even re-enter the beta. Whats going on here?

I restarted my system after exiting the beta. Cleared my rolling cache and set it again. On Series X here

Anybody else? Game’s looking very poor after exiting the beta. Everything is updated.

I’m including two videos here for reference; one is a Griffin over cape town … look at the abysmal textures and runway LOD.

Second one is the same aircraft over London and eglc. The runway LOD and scenery pop is absolutely unacceptable, Asobo! It looks like I’m playing this on the OG Xbox One. Cape town one is from around 5000 feet while the London once is from around 2000 feet. Both show abysmal Lod.

What in the world has happened to the textures and LOD? Everything looked pristine until I exited the beta! :rage:

Speedster996 | Xbox (cape town)

Speedster996 | Xbox (london)

I’m baffled at this situation too, the game behaves very erratic visual wise on Xbox now. Maybe there is still a LOD scaling feature that is oversensitive or there are server issues.

1 Like

I won’t be playing it until they sort out these ridiculous issues. Glad I didn’t buy the game or any world/scenery add-ons

1 Like

No, but i didnt need it on the previous version. It worked fine from Nvidia Control Panel.

I reported similar issues in beta. One day PG is looking good, next day the graphics are
bad with heavy popin. All in the same version of the game. Might be due to servers or LOD scaling still working not as intended.

2 Likes

Well … now, it’s permanently bad. Nice work, Asobo.

Another great Asobo update. It ruined performance. The simulator is stuck, the smooth running is gone. 15 FPS drop after update. What the developer is doing is tragic. I’m so tired of Asobo’s treatment of me. Every update is a rollback. What makes me angry is that they force me to update whether I want to or not. Now the simulator is useless. Community folder is empty, I tried several airplanes and helicopters.

Before the update, 4K resolution, with ultra settings 40-60 FPS. After updating, 4K resolution 30-50 FPS, continuous stuttering, stuttering. The stuttering and stuttering are so great that flying is not enjoyable. Useless. What is the situation with you? Will there be a quick fix?

Pc:

System Specs:

Windows 10 64bit

• Asus Prime Z690-P D4
  • Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6GHz (s1700)
  • Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 CPU
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
  • Corsair 32GB /3600 Vengeance RGB PRO Black DDR4 RAM KIT (2x16GB)
  • Samsung 1TB 980 Pro M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
  • Seasonic 850W Focus GX 80+ Gold
2 Likes