[Polls] Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 Discussion

Thank you Jayne! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Xbox X

just a very good update for me at this time, lipz to lfll, just a perfect flight, very good visual quality, no stutters, both airports addons, LVFR Static Aircraft, A318 LVFR, live weather, no live traffic , no ATC, west Europe server 15 ms , rolling cache at 40 gb

very good job done

i do not say that now this game is bug free, no it isn’t but a big improvement has been done

5 Likes

after this update the game remains unplayable, i wonder at what point in future i can say that this game is stable and playable, its been a while on for xbox users and the devs are still not able to solve (major) problems with the sim, never experienced something bad like this with another game/dev before

i cant hear myself when talking to ATC
aircraft displays turn black
ctd’s

guess i will have to wait again for the next (sim) update …

1 Like

There are two links to the same manual. Should one of them be for the CJ4?

1 Like

Please refresh or try incognito mode, that was an old version:

Our website can struggle with caching issues unforunately.

4 Likes

I have a Razer keyboard, so use their Synapse software for RGB control. I was having stutters and found that killing all Synapse programs would smooth things out. While trying to solve another issue, I ended up doing a clean reinstall of both the sim and my graphics drivers, and I noticed the stutters are gone even with Synapse still running. This was with the original SU11 update, and it’s still smooth for the most part with AAU1.

Though I did see the pirouetting AI aircraft make a return with AAU1. SU11 had fixed that issue.

1 Like

For those trying to troubleshoot odd bugs that seem hard to repeat, or are not experienced by everyone, I’ve found one possible source:

I always start my flights from a parking spot, “cold and dark” … HOWEVER … when clicking the “Fly” button, SOMETIMES, in that first instant you can hear the plane is actually fully on (as if ready to fly from the runway) and immediately shuts down - you can hear and feel it happen.

In the Longitude I have verified that this initial ON-then-immediate-shutdown leads to some settings being locked in the wrong position, and the flight is buggy. But IF you click Fly and the flight actually starts cold and dark (with no initial On-then-shutdown), everything works correctly. In the Longitude you can tell right away by just turning on 1 battery, and watching if the bus tie closes, all is well - but if the bus tie doesn’t close, you have to re-start your flight and load in again.

I suspect this inconsistent load in is the root cause of lots of weird bugs that are hard to pin down in other planes as well. Worth paying attention and keeping track of the load in vs bugs.

3 Likes

The Manual for the CJ4 posted is an old version. You should know…!.
There are updated manuals at the WT Discord channel (CJ4 and Longitude, the TBM has only the garmin G3000 manuals)

1 Like

You did not reinstalled Windows?

Couldn’t find the floppy disks!

3 Likes

The link Jayne posted above is for the latest version of the CJ4 operators guide. The link in the “#guides” channel on the WT Discord is still old and for the previous WT mod.

1 Like

I’m not sure, as it says V1

Yes, this is Version 1 of the official MSFS package of the CJ4 that was re-written for AAU1.

I’ve skimmed through the full manual and this appears to be the case.

1 Like

What a confusion (to me). Is that difficult to simply include a date or a changelog?. Thanks!

Yes, good point, a revision page should really be included.

5 1/4 or 3 1/2 ?

1 Like

That depends on OAT :wink:

1 Like

:wink: (F… 10 cars)

1 Like

PC User…
My twopennyworth…
Update installed smoothly, first time.
New screens in Daher TMB930 are great…
They are working 90% of the flight…
Until I get to the approach waypoint, where the GPS just stops working. Pink lines disappear, sometimes the whole flight path disappears.
Last flight, the nav system just stopped working - I had to activate either the approach or the next waypoint marker manually and it started working again.

ATC has gone back to it’s worse state - no sensible descent path, and lately before the update it had been working as well as I’ve ever seen it.

Am I supposed to initiate the approach manually? Or is this a bug of sort?
I’m not investing in a Vatsim-like programme yet - maybe in the future.

This is not a rant - just an honest representation of my experience in the Daher since the update.

1 Like

No changelog was included because this is not a port or update of the CJ4 mod. The entirety of the system was rebuilt from the ground up, so a changelog would be insanely extensive, both from the standpoint of from the previous sim version and from the previous mod version.

This is V1 of the completely new sim CJ4.