[Polls] Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 Discussion

Xbox here, AAU1 has been really great for me - from last May until the final release of AAU1, I could count on 1 hand the number of flights that had no bugs to solve.

In the past few days, I’ve lost count of good flights - they have all been smooth, the avionics have worked, and I could enjoy the view without stutters, crashes, etc. Really great flying.

However … ATC is consistently trying to kill me - always on arrival and approach. Specifically it won’t allow me to descend according to the altitude restrictions that are part of the STAR, and on approach it ALWAYS does 2 things:

1. It clears me for landing, then at the last minute ALWAYS says “Go Around”
  2. I Go Around, it clears me for landing, then tells me to go to some FL way up, then has jumbo jets fly right through my tail on landing. 100% repeatable.

I want the immersion of ATC, but it still just doesn’t work. I do everything to try to make it work - creating flight plan in the World Map, then making sure it is the same in the FMC, and so on.

I think ATC should be the next “Sim” function Asobo / MS should focus on. New planes are great, scenery is great, but the current ATC is breaking immersion unless you completely turn it off.

7 Likes

Night city light was a lot brighter and sharper during the first day of releasing AAU 1. Can servers be responsible for degrading night lights?

1 Like

Can I please ask if HDR is not working as intended on Xbox series X? I just got my first HDR TV ever and I’m disappointed when I use HDR 10 with flight simulator.

Turning it off almost always makes the sky look more natural. Which is otherwise really washed out and overly bright.

just leave it and fly only with your monitoring system .

download pdf charts as i did for all my 80 airports addons and follow them in parallel of you fms because mistakes occure specially on final approach altitude

Probably the moon. Should be back 28 days later.

These are all the Working Title addons I have installed. What exactly do I need to delete now?
FlightSimulator_6xl8VDiq8V

Nice livery!

Good question. I don’t think you should delete any of them, but better to wait for a response of the WT guys over here.

I honestly don’t notice ANY difference in flight handling of default aircraft from this update. What I DO notice is the CTDs, the fact that certain Payware Aircraft now won’t load and CTD on launch, and that other Payware aircraft now nosedive into the floor no matter what elevon or trim settings you use, or how you try and wrestle the aircraft into the air. Honestly, please make updates voluntary. There’s no competitive aspect, nothing needs to be mandatory. I want my stability back and 0 CTDs back. Allow rollback! It’s bad enough that SU11 tanked the fps, with no fix, but now this. It just goes from bad to worse.

1 Like

Since this is an AAU1 discussion, I found a bit of a FPS loss on my system after the update, and some more short pauses than before, mainly happening during short finals, maybe due to a more complex instrument systems simulation.
I’m sure they (Asobo and WT) are taking note on the above, also mentioned by several other users.
Apart of that, making the needed changes to the 3D models to include door animations in the upcoming AAUs and in any future CJ4 and Longitude AAU1 update, in my opinion, would be a good addition to make them more realistic and complete.

I’m really enjoying the update.

I am getting CTD (Xbox SX) during every flight with the Cessna Citation at the moment.

I did turn on the data cache (set to 16GB) function after the update - I was hoping that the huge improvements in graphics would take advantage of locally stored data but I have now disabled it to see if this helps (it has in previous versions of MSFS).

Yes…no issues so far. I am currently running through all my aircraft in hangar and will update.

Below is what im running

Intel Core i9-11900K Rocket Lake 3.5GHz (5.3GHz Turbo) 10-Core
ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero
64GB (2x32GB) PC4-25600 DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel
GeForce RTX 3080 12GB PCI-4
2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO m.2 Solid State Drive, PCI-Express 4.0, 7000MB/s
Windows 10

1 Like

Same! Just updated to a 4090 and things ARE laggy. Frames appear to have increased, but the view seems to be jumpier/laggy.

I had to INCREASE the resolution to 140% to STOP the lagging (mostly). How the heck does THAT work.?.? :person_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Guys,
I need your help badly. Since the AAU1 update I have two annoying isssues:

1. I cannot spawn the citation longitude cold and dark. It always start with everything running like when it is spawn on the runway.
  2. I cannot operate the overhead panel switches and lights. My cockpit interaction settings is LOCK.
    How do I fix these problems?
    thanks

RTX 4090, Ryzen5800x3d, dx12 - no problems whatsoever.

If it is in your Community folder, move it somewhere else and test. I have the same list you have, and it’s all part of the core sim now.

I don’t have anything in the folder. But I remember that I once installed something from Working Title via the marketplace. I don’t remember what it was and wonder if I need to delete it now?

I’ve finally been able to tame the Longitude for the most part, and am feeling pretty comfortable with it now. However, there is something that is still confusing me that I have not been able to find the answer to, so I’m hoping that someone here can give me an answer.

I have my current Cruise Schedule set as indicated in the first image below. I set my intended cruise altitude at 25,000 feet with the autopilot and autothrottle engaged. Everything works fine. The altitude and speed hold correctly.

However, if I were to select the Cruise Schedule shown in the second image, and again set 25,000 feet as the altitude. With the autopilot and autothrottle engaged, the aircraft will hold that altitude for a very short time, and then will start climbing for the stars.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening, and what I might be missing?

CruiseSched1

CruiseSched2