[Polls] Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 Discussion

Can you post screen shots of:

1. your PFD in that moment
  2. your MCP (showing which autopilot buttons are on/off)
  3. current leg showing any restrictions on the GTC (the touch screen).

Also, are you climbing using FLCH or VS?
Have you properly changed to STD BARO at 18,000?

If your goal is to tame the rate of climb, use VS and a rate of about 3,000 or 3,500 would be normal, but the real plane likes to climb very fast, and it’s modelled pretty close to the real thing. The rate of climb will reduce the higher you go, as the air is thinner. It can climb about 9000 fpm at first, but when you get up to FL400 it struggles to do 1000.

I’ll put some screenshots together. My goal is not to tame the rate of climb, but to get it to hold at 25,000.

OK, take a look at what trim is doing - it might be running out of room to trim (a known bug, WT is working on it). I discoverd the plane couldn’t hold altitude in the 10,000 to 20,000 range when going at full cruise speed… The solution is to slow down (switch to manual speed instead of FMS speed, or, reduce the cruise speed setting further)

Thanks for that… I set out to get some sceenshots for you, and the sim made a liar out of me. I set the 320kt schedule, took off and climbed to 25,000. The speed increased to 320kts and the altitude held during the entire flight. So maybe it does have something to do with the triim setting, as what you indicated as a solution is exactly what I’ve been doing. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

It is important to remember that what will determine this flight envelope is setting the appropriate weight and fuel. What I imagine you are doing properly.
:wink: :vulcan_salute:

Good point

I think you should be fine. Like I said, you have the same six entries that I have, and I haven’t had any conflicts yet.

1 Like

Yes it did help in previous versions… but not this one. Textures can look ugly and mangled up,and the runway LOD thing is really annoying too. It can be a bit random but the blurry runways are almost always around the same location such as Kennedy international or the one right behind statue of liberty after you fly over the docks.

You can try disabling it but clear it first and then have at least 16gb. The more the better. Although space you once set cannot be released in reserved space

I already loved the TBM 930, but with the avionics upgrade it’s just brilliant! Really amazed by the G3000, can’t believe it comes with a default plane!

Only issue I’ve encountered is that my Logitech Flight Switch Panel isn’t working out of the box, so will need to look into that.

5 Likes

Yep same thing happened to me, I had to buy spad next.

1 Like

I’m frustrated with the new Garmin G3000. Do I first need an IFR certification in order to use autopilot for an automatic approach? It’s not fair for a simulator game to have to study the 686-page G3000 manual beforehand. It will be a long time before I can fly the TBM 930 like I did before the avionics update. It’s no longer fun like that. :rage:

3 Likes

@UltraRR3660, @GimbalAxis… You may have nailed it with the weight and fuel thought. After setting the weight and fuel, I made a 2 hour flight, climbing to 25,000 and at a cruise of 320kts. I only had two issues during the flight where the plane started to climb off the assigned altitude for some odd reason. I switched off FMS, regained control while being chastised by ATC, switched back to FMS, recycled the autothrottle, and everything was fine after that. Thanks for your pointers. i’m not a real pilot… just the armchair version :smile:

1 Like

Hello,

after some very long time without CTD i have now CTD inside menu (not in flight) and especially if I deselect Online services like Bing and Photogrammetry. After CTD and start of sim again all is ok but every time I disable/enable these options -. CTD without warning. I remember last year no problems with these options with test. Today again floating runway lights cca 3 feet up to ground and only at arrival airport LZIB, no problem at departure airport. Next strange thing (never happened before) during approach MMarker sound was very erratic like 2 sounds mix together with some delay between each of both. I don’t know, this weekend is full of strange things here…

Update right now :slight_smile: CTD after end of flight, click to Main menu → CTD.

Update2: logbook doesn’t save data (for first time observed) :slight_smile:

The source and generator switches no longer respond to the H: events that they did prior to AAU I. They’re now completely controlled via lvars which your Logi panels (and all external hardware) can’t access without 3rd party payware tools like Spad.next or AAO.

1 Like

Didn’t you just contradict yourself? You want a simulator, but you don’t want to spend some time learning the systems? There are definitely short tutorials out there teaching you the basics of Garmin products.

8 Likes

the finished version is easier to use because its complete… :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I believe his use of the word “game” keeps his comment from being a contradiction. I believe MSFS should be able to be enjoyed for all their customers who want to play it. If Microsoft’s target market is only the very serious simmers, then their required updates like the Garmin is applicable. If they would like to have all ten million of their players enjoy a fun simulator/game, they may have missed the objective with the latest update.

Other Microsoft Games programs offer levels so everyone who enjoy that type game genre can use it, and advance as they learn and play. Microsoft could have allowed the legacy avionics be available as an option so players like Markus and myself (with 978 MSFS hours) could continue to enjoy it as they have prior to the update.

Seems like MS is on a hiding to nothing. If they simplify something to make it easy for casual users, one part of the user base complains. If they make it real world realistic (and therefore complex, requiring study), a different section of the user base is unhappy. Can’t win…

Well, I suppose they can effectively create two distinct versions of EVERYTHING in the sim: before a flight, a person can then choose between simple or realistic for every single piece of functionality. :smile: Can you imagine the chaos THAT would cause??!!

1 Like

In TBM 930 I lost all cockpit beeps and warnings, no stall warning no parking brake beeps, and no gear down warning on cut off engine, my community folder is empty. Do I need to remove garmin from onestore folder? I’m sure if you stall Garmin 3000 will flash Stall in red, it’s missing too.

One doesn’t need to follow the rules.

Turn on landing assistance and follow the guides down if that’s the desire.

Turn off crash damage and overstress and fly any plane like an acrobat. Slam into the runway at any speed if you need to land.

Turn on unlimited fuel and get in the F-18 and fly in afterburner at mach 1.4 across the globe.

Use slew mode and put your C152 at 60,000ft and try to glide it down to earth.

You can do anything as realistic or unrealistic as you like.

9 Likes