[Polls] Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 Discussion

OUCH! hahaha

1 Like

Hi,

this is visible to me few weeks already but randomly and not permanently. Iā€™ve noticed this like some 1s timeout with altitude gauge (very clearly visible) but randomly, maybe texture/photo/weather loading. Really I didnā€™t noticed this before.

Regarding some weirdly expressed comments about streamdeck:

Using Streamdeck profiles you use default sim variables or local variables. In the process of these massive improvements of the default sim avionics and aircraft system new variables have been added and obsolete old variables donā€˜t work anymore. You probably use software like Axis and ohs for the streamdeck to connect so it should be simple to get the latest aao (or other software) version and use the new variables with the profiles. If you use someone elseā€˜s profiles from freeware websites you might simply wait for them to update it. Nothing about breaking these profiles comes unexpected, it actually had to happen for any improvements to become possible. The avionics variables were a mess before.

5 Likes

I did one local flight in LZTT today with TBM,

did FPL on ground LZTT Apron, set DEP, ARR as same airport Origin and Destination and Iā€™m very happy with this new update! Systems works very well, DCT set, ARR proc loading in FPL, simply best and also indications inside PFD :slight_smile: Great work WT and Asobo again. Really I must say this again because is absolutely perfect - STD Baro correct functionality :slight_smile: Specific settings set with this flight and all was working as expected, manual ILS app set after ARR IAF, simply all. Will do my learning with next thingsā€¦

Really I need find solution about Minimums callout, did set it also via APP cfg but no call still :slight_smile:

All of my assistance settings, graphics settings, controls presets and realism settings have been completely erased and the installer is going through some annoying wizard for me to set it up before I can load into the game. Great startā€¦ just when I thought the UI flow couldnā€™t get any worseā€¦

1 Like

ATC has priority over any altitude settings in your flight plan or FMC.

I think that IRL, if an ATC altitude instruction is issued, that new altitude is immediately dialed into the MCP (for the AP to follow) and the settings in the FMC are modified to reflect that new ATC command.

After a few problems yesterday, this update is performing brilliantly. Iā€™m on Xbox Series x and the improvements are vast, from smoothness and detail of the graphics to the fantastic avionics and aircraft changes.

What a complex and amazing simulation and piece of software. I am in awe at what Asobo/MSFS have achieved. Hereā€™s to further improvements in the rest of 2023 (ATC please :grin:).

4 Likes

Sry but again,

woooow woooow woooooooow also play at this time HOLD proc over VOR and fantastic!!! WT fantastic work! Standard rules,ā€¦ By the way own defined as published.

6 Likes

Just updated, everything went smooth.

While testing the update I saw that the Drone Camera has a lag now (reacts to controls after a second or two such as changing direction, etc).

Cheers,
Nish

Oh and now i have bugged a320, when i spawn in the runway, the plane have full reverse, full spoilers and i cant move them

Devs <3 Fantastic job on XsX, overall better than su10 imo, small hickups time to time. My only complaint so far, runway/taxiway sign popins are really so bad on paid airports, it happens 30-40mt away. So far tested 4 airports, all same results. Not sure if there is a global lod override for paid airports since they are on xbox storage, not cloud, or airport addon devs did this. Btw main menu is so smooth now. Thanks for awesome update.
Edit: forgot to add, textures looks better than su10, and performance improved a lot! I mean A LOT! Cheers.
Edit 2: https://new.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/10qrb2p/is_this_some_hidden_underworld/
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
This is still happening.

1 Like

XBOX X

I still prefer SU10 but this new one is a reasonable substitute.

There is a focus problem with a analog gauges. Same as in SU11 but worst.

Hi all. With this update im having big issues with frame generation. The previous update worked fine, since i installed 1.30.12 the game looks very unstable. Is thera any way to get back the previous version?. Thanks.

1 Like

No There is not

1 Like

Okay, is there a way to get DLSS 3 to work like before? I canā€™t understand how an avionics system upgrade can affect dlss 3 like this.

You can try what is mentioned in this thread, anyway no guarantees so backup your files :wink:
As I donā€™t own any 40k Series card I cannot test that myself.

1 Like

Yep. I tried it before but it doesnt work. I had the same issues during the beta, and when i went back to de 1.29, the sim performance returned to normal.

1 Like

Not sure but there seems for me to be an issue obtainaing Vspeeds for CJ4. This is both for XBX and PC. Some soft keys not working when entering data.

Am I correct in saying :
Ref WT GNS530

One can create a Fight Plan, with a Rnav approach in World Map (to some airports), that will then ā€œseemā€ to display on the WT GNS530 correctly,
BUT,
that RNav approach could not have been entered directly into the GNS530, and the WT GNS530 will not fly that RNav approach with vertical GS,

because the WT GNS530 is correctly simulating that this is not a RNav approach that should be in the GNS530 Database.

Example RNav 01 into KDCA

Do not know what the solution could be, as when in the World Map, one can create a FP, with one plane selected, and then select another plane afterwards, with a GPS that does not support that flight plan.

Maybe there will need to be some checking mechanism here, before one selects FLY, to make sure the World Map generated FP, (or any other externally generated FP), is Valid for a GPS in the plane selected.

Maybe the WT GNS530 should check any non WT GNS530 created FP, to verify that the Rnav approach is allowed, and if not, automatically delete tat approach from the FP, within the WT GN530 ?

OR - am I missing something here, that already caters for this ??

===
Maybe, a (Fail safe)work around is to ALWAYS remove any Approaches from an externally generated FP, and the add what is available back in , directed from within the WT GNS530.
(I can live with that - especially as it may be a Real World situation , if one generated a FP with some external program and the tried to upload it to the GNS530 in the real plane)

UPDATE: While the approach can be changed from the World Map approach, to a different Rnav approach in the WT GNS530 (that is in its database), ATC is not made aware of this, and is still using the original FP, with the non-database RNav approach !! (sigh)
(Despite re-filing the FP with the ATC Menu)

1 Like