[Polls] Sim Update 12 (1.31.22.0) Discussion

Read the Release Notes here.

Please use this thread to discuss the latest update, version 1.31.22.0. Other topics created to discuss this thread may be merged here. However, if you have a new bug report, please use #bugs-and-issues.

:warning: PC Users (Steam and MS Store) - Poll Questions :warning:

Feel free to answer these poll questions after you download and experience the new update.

Did you remove all your mods from the community folder before launching the new build?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Oops, I forgot. Will do that now and try again.
  • I don’t use mods
0 voters
Did you experience any CTDs while downloading and installing the newest update? If yes, please respond to this post and let us know more details.
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in the menu or World Map areas?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in flight?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being smoothest, how is your performance/stability in this update? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
0 voters
Is your performance/stability worse, the same, or better than the AAU1 release build (1.30.12.0)? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
  • Worse
  • The same
  • Better
0 voters

:warning: Xbox Series X|S Users - Poll Questions :warning:

Feel free to answer these poll questions after you download and experience the new update.

Did you experience any CTDs while downloading and installing the newest update? If yes, please respond to this post and let us know more details.
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in the menu or World Map areas?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Have you experienced any CTDs in flight?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being smoothest, how is your performance/stability in this update? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
0 voters
Is your performance/stability worse, the same, or better than the AAU1 release build (1.30.12.0)? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
  • Worse
  • The same
  • Better
0 voters

:warning: All Users (PC and Xbox) :warning:

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, how would you globally rate this update (This question will be used as a reference between each update)
0 voters

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I was in the Beta?

If there is an updated build, you will receive it automatically when the retail version goes live. If the retail version is the same build as the latest beta build, you will receive no updates. If you do not want to participate in future Betas, after you have updated to the latest build, manually leave the Beta. If you do not manually leave, you will be included in the next Beta build that is released.

Where can I find out about Known Issues

Click here to view the Known Issues list

There are also some AAU known issues at the bottom of the Release Notes here.

How do I see my current version number?

Press Alt+Enter to change the program from full screen to windowed mode. The version number is at the top title bar of the window. Additionally, the version number is displayed by holding down Alt+Tab (above the window icon) or available in-game by clicking on your gamer tag profile icon from the top right of the main screen. The version name is displayed in the dialogue box under your gamer tag

Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder?

We highly recommended that you move the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch and replacing after testing the new version.

Why were certain bugs or issues not included in the patch notes?

If you are still experiencing an issue then create a topic in Bug Reports & Wishlist or file a ticket on Zendesk, using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Include as much detail as possible, including the version of the game you are running. Remember the forums are not the official platform for bug tracking.

This patch is part of an ongoing patch release, so if your issue isn’t patched this time it does not mean it won’t ever get fixed! Check out the #self-service:bugs-issues category to see if others are reporting the same issues (where you can also vote if you have the same issue)

What should I do if the update doesn’t start automatically?

1. Check Windows 10/11 for updates. If any, restart your PC
  2. Manually check MS Store for Updates
  3. Then update MSFS

If this still doesn’t work, the best course of action is to log out, restart your computer, and log back in.

What should I do if the update seems to stall or stop downloading?

The first thing to try is closing down MSFS and restarting it. The downloading should start again once MSFS is restarted. If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer. Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal. (Note only delete files do not delete folders!)

6 Likes

Edit: The polls are now open.

Please note: most polls (except for download/install feedback) are deliberately closed for now. We will open them for voting after players have had a few hours to properly try SU12.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

4 Likes

I’ve not been involved in the beta, so could anyone please advise as to whether the claimed improvements to live traffic, stated in the release notes, might mean that the FBW FSLTL addon will no longer be needed or don’t the improvements go that far?

The release notes promise an improvement in the behaviour and flight paths followed by AI traffic, and should do so whether you use the built-in AI traffic engine or a third party tool such as AIG or FSLTL. Improvement itself remains to be seen, but preference between built-in or 3rd party is entirely up to you.

3 Likes

Hmm the update came in flight. Lots of connectivity issues now sudden…

2 Likes

Cheers.

I’ll probably give the native version a go then and see how the two now compare.

2 Likes

Quick Steam Update and Sim is now updating.

~4.7GB Update, getting about 280MB/s

Update completed in about 3 minutes.

14 Updates in Content Manager (Premium Deluxe Version), ~8GB

Content Manager update is much slower, took about 15 minutes.

All updates completed, no issues.

6 Likes

How can i autohide the menu bar in Dev-mode, as it was before?

1 Like

Great question!

Just noticed the same

U still want to use FSLTL or similar AddOns. As long as MS/Asobo doesnt add realworld aircraft models/liveries to the sim, AI traffic AddOns are needed. Also, in many cases 3rd party AI Models provide better performance than the native ones.

3 Likes

this is a yoke…

see the downloadspeed,maybee i can start end this week then??? :-1:

3 Likes

you are downloading at a peak time. thats why i usually wait a few hours after SU/WUs. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

SO , just to be 100% clear

Today;s release of SU12 ( 1.32.22.0) on 03/21/2023 is the same version as the last SU12 Beta update, and therefore if you were already running that least SU12 beta, there should be NO update today, as effectively, with SU12 beta latest version, you already are on SU12 Release ??

Also, is SDK 0.21.0 the current version that goes with SU12 1.32.22.0, or is the SDK update still to come ?

1 Like

they need better server,i think this game also will not run then,because server overload

2 Likes

so no bugfixes then???
great,hope when the download is ready,i can download the hotfix then :rofl:

About the first question: yes, no update.

Not a surprise as everyone is now trying to download the update :wink:

4 Likes

I am not sure if this tip will benefit you… I tend to update individual packages in content manager rather than all at once…
I am currently getting this on a 30 MBs connection:

2 Likes

FAQ says, “if u are in the beta, the update will go out about an hour after the official release”.
Idk if this is an old thing or if this still applies, but maybe we beta users have to wait a bit longer.

1 Like

It appears that SU12 has deployed while I was in the middle of a flight and now I cannot exit the sim because it is stuck at the Quit Flight Simulator prompt and the sim has hung and not responding :frowning: Grrr!

1 Like