[Polls] Sim Update 13 (1.34.16.0) Discussion

Hi. I have a problem. I am installing the update and it really takes forever to load and decompress microsoft-aircraft-a310-300-1.1.12.fspatch because it never finishes to load, perhaps including some ratio that gets stuck on the number 4 and does not go beyond it and I am afraid because I paused the update before shutting down my computer since the update took hours to load last night which went beyond my usual bedtime so I am worried that I might have ruined Microsoft Flight Simulator and its update because I kept stopping the update and starting again.

Hello @DraftyFilly330,

The good news is that you haven’t ruined your installation. Please see the instructions in this topic to resolve the issue you are experiencing:

Thanks,
MSFS Team

1 Like

Well, unfortunately, I cannot find the “official” folder in the file explorer so I need your help.

I get installation failed every time I try to install something from the content manager on Xbox Series X. I really don’t want to remove the save file because that would mean reinstalling over 400 gb of addons. And already heard from others that removing that save file didn’t fix it because they cant install anything either so they are even worse off with all their addons uninstalled and no way to install them again. I sure hope a real fix is coming soon because this fix provided today doesn’t work at all. Even tried it myself on the Series S and there same problem as others all addons are gone now and no way to reinstall it because they all fail with installing.

2 Likes

Hi @DraftyFilly330,

You may need to enable “Show Hidden Items” in Explorer. Please see this post for details:

Thanks,
MSFS Team

1 Like

The entire update downloaded and installed successfully
 After 7 hours! I quite twice after an hour: BUT:
Today I just let it take its time and it down loaded! ( my connection speed is 480mps)

So Just let it load overnight!

Do you mean the entire update should work now?

Somehow delete and reinstall became the go to solution for every problem with this sim.

2 Likes

You mean I can reinstall the program through Steam?

Yes, I will delete it too, but for the last time, I will not reinstall it again, as long as this mentality continues, this includes 2024.

1 Like

What do you mean, as long as this mentality continues, this includes 2024? Because I’m reinstalling the game right now.

Quick and painless update here. PC, store version. From clicking the icon to the menu screen was 4 minutes with a 2.11GB download/install. From there the Content manager stuff was also painless. Note the I manage what I have installed so I did not have a great deal to update: some aircraft and 13 airports. Went quick: download was the typical max of around 250MB/s.

After the update I exited the sim, restarted computer and went back into the sim. From click of icon to the menu was the same typical 1:35 seconds-ish. Did a quick flight at my local airport (CYXX Abbotsford) with a sim plain vanilla C172 G1000 with live weather. Weather matched what I see outside the window, did a quick circuit and landed. All smooth but it looks like the framerate around the airport was a touch lower than before. Nothing dramatic but I need to check more.

Everything looks great and feels very smooth.

I am one of the lucky ones apparently

2 Likes

You are a brave soul, to be sure, I have been at this for what seems like a week, and still no success. I have enabled the “show hidden files” and followed the instructions, C: my name, app data, etc. but I cannot find or add the “official”. My frustration level is off the charts. Any help solving this horror without yet another re-install would be welcome. I have a zillion add ons and a re-install takes at least 24 hours, even on a high-end machine.

Thanks

1 Like

Yeah, I reinstalled the game and it still takes a really long time to load the update.

1 Like

I don’t know.

Do you have the steam version? If so for me its steam, steam apps, common, microsoft flight simulator, official.

Yes I do have Steam and the reinstallation did not work, did it?

No, the PC version on a high end machine

This update is a headache, sorry

It’s broken.

1 Like