[Polls] World Update XI: Canada Discussion

Well something has changed, post download I’m now getting double the FPS’s! No complaints from me.

1 Like

Too bad they don’t have a Canadian Community Manager that could proofread the text.

1 Like

I saw that! That’s Billy Bishop right? And neither got any updates this world update, right? Odd.

I do not see new Local Legend annoucement.

I will say CYAM (Sault Ste. Marie) looks allot nicer. The mix of winter and summer ground is gone.

4 Likes

They really blew it on the promo video in so many ways. Couldn’t even get the key locations right. Kind of shameful. But also not unexpected. Canada was treated like the afterthought it normally gets treated with. No surprise there.

11 Likes

They’re also advertising 12 PG cities when in reality it’s 2 because we already had the other 10 previously.

4 Likes

Wonder if you have anything positive to say about this update. Anything at all …

I like it. I like they give us this stuff, and I think it looks great. Who am I to nitpick.

24 Likes

What I meant was I’d had the mandatory update but that obviously didn’t install wu11 that’s why I asked what the update was for… I’m well aware of going to the market place for world updates I just wanted to know what was in the mandatory update to see if any fixes or patches were included.

We’ll see once I’ve had a chance to explore.

A misty morning at Bella Coola.

Taking the opportunity of this mist, and the high terrain, let’s lower the sun, and get some of those god rays going on. The sun peaking through the mountain tops illuminates the mist in bands.

Sadly, we do have the all too common rivers being turned into aqueducts issue.

18 Likes

The small update you get before a world update is what basically switches the screens during startup of the sim showing the new Canada World Update screens. Otherwise we’d still be seeing the old screens that are unrelated to this new update.

5 Likes

Halifax looks amazing! Can’t wait to check out the rest of the updated areas.

2 Likes

You are commenting literally on the Canada release notes post.

3 Likes

Asobo isn’t American. They’re based in France.

5 Likes

The same as Venice in Italy WU, it was there since the sim is released, some other simmers believe that there is improvement or updated version of those PG cities.

and the trailer is done by MS

Forget it doesn’t matter wasn’t on about release notes for the WU11

I see someone else answered your question. Those mandatory updates are to just change the screen when loading into MSFS to show off the new world update.

1 Like

They didn’t include Birch Hills either. Blasphemy!

1 Like