[Polls] World Update XIII: Oceania Discussion

Hi @kaha300d
I’m showing Davis Station pretty much where it should be located. Not sure why it’s not showing up for you. Did you do a search in the WM search box to find it?
Regards

1 Like

Every other World Update has come with a list of Tin Cities. This doesn’t have any in the release notes, so I’m assuming there isn’t any or they’d be listed like they have been in the past. Plus, it’s been hours and no one has found any.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t have any information on how release notes are done. I don’t know if they are written by the same people from one release to the next.

One of the things you download in the package is Photogram cities.

I understand it says that, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s what we got

big elevation issues at PHKO

1 Like

Shouldn’t there be an airfield? I will try searching. Thank you.

Same for SCIP elevation concerns, there is a walk on the parking lot in front of the reception hall

There’s no permanent runway there. I’ve included a link for the info I found on it.
Regards
Davis Station - Wikipedia and cargo are transported on to Davis by helicopter.

1 Like

Heliports in Hawaii are POI and not Heliports. So you can’t select them like an airport and start flying from there.

4 Likes

I was so disappointed by that… plus the modeling is not really amazing… :man_facepalming:

This is Hapuna Heliport and its 4 helipads :

9 Likes

Congrats, you now have 8 helipads :laughing:

7 Likes

I’m sorry but Hawaii looks worst than before the update. I hope that it is because too many people are on right now. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Anything not listed in the release notes presumably hasn’t changed, as far as points of interest and airports. AFAIK there’s no clear listing of where terrain meshes were improved, though.

1 Like

Well, I was going to buy the ATR this evening but then I decided to drink some beers and chill out with some lady friends in Bora Bora. I know enough about real world aviation to know where my priorities lie.

Before anyone asks. I just knocked up this little scene myself with the SDK. Incidentally the SDK is much, much easier to use than it used to be for creating your own bespoke scenery add ons. Its great fun and adds an extra element to your enjoyment of the sim.

Now if you don’t mind I’m heading back to my little party.

24 Likes

My customer feedback: I love your product overall, but next time, if you don’t have photogrammetry cities for a world update, please focus on a different region and make it the WU instead!

7 Likes

Satellite data and DEM are the big parts of. World Update, then we have the POI on top of it. Without the first two, there is no WU basically. Availability of this data definitely plays a role in choosing the locations.

When it comes to PG, Jörg hoped to get PG for Hawaii, but I guess they ran out of time and didn’t want to rush it in, we might get a separate city update for this purpose? Maybe they mention something in the next Q&A!

3 Likes

Release notes say: * A collection of highlands dirt airstrips in Papua New Guinea"
Someone knows which airstrips (code) are included?

@Vedras4608 AYLK, AYTI, AYGF

I think these are the ones

I have the same hola in Bora Bora mountain, exactly yours. Well, now I know that it’s not an addon causing this, thanks.

1 Like