Polygon object not controlling vegetation

On my install, the last few versions, including an uninstall of the old SDK and new install of 0.8.0.0, the polygon object properties simply does not do anything to vegetation.

Not in the editor as a visible preview, or with the properties set, a recompile, loading in community, and reload of the sim to see if it has taken hold.

I used polygon to add 2 ponds to the same project, and they place water just fine. For vegetation, I can run the sliders anywhere and no trees appear or disappear.

Any ideas? I’ve asked a few groups on Discord and it seems to be just me experiencing this. Very frustrating as I have a finished airport I can’t wrap up because I can’t trim a few clumps of trees the AI was a bit overzealous with.

1 Like

Do you have some other larger polygon there as well? Then you probabaly have to change the priority of the smaller polygon to change anything.

Well, I don’t think that is it, but I do have more info now to base that on.

Once compiled, placed in community, and loaded with the sim outside dev mode, it works. It seems to be preview that is not working. If I enter dev mode and load the project, the vegetation comes back and stays.

Right now it’s like I have absolutely no previewing of vegetation while working on it. I have to do a cold restart of MSFS and not try to load the project to see what is actually removed. I used to be able to see vegetation changes on the fly, but no more.

To address the polygon order issue, none of the polygons have a visible preview of vegetation, the largest or smaller ones. I had 2 ponds I used polygon to place water on and the water previews nicely. I haven’t needed water on other projects, maybe that is the glitch.

But the pond polygon is not in the same area as the tree polygon? Otherwise you need to change the priority for the trees. Or does anything happen if you change the tree priority to a much higher value?

Maybe it also helps to delete the rolling cache in the settings under data?

Then maybe you have another mod for this area in the community folder that somehow overwrites your dev mode?

Or last I can think of is to uninstall the SDK and reinstall it, maybe that helps too?

I have worked inside the chache folder, deleted firt from the game, and then I have deleted DevMode.xml and imgui.ini inside LocalState folder. Now polygon vegetation work well with sdk 0.8

4 Likes

Thanks have got this issue so will see if can find those files.

Your the man fixed not sure what deleted firt is i couldn’t find it, but deleting DevMode.xml and imgui.ini inside LocalState folder has fixed it thanks for finding this out saved me having to re-install my stable non crashing flight sim.

1 Like

I’ll have to try that, thanks. Haven’t been working on any projects the last week or so.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the valuable info! Deleting DevMode.xml did the trick.

in Options menu, you have to check “Terrain->Draw Shapes”
removing devmode.xml has probably reseted this checkbox to “checked”

2 Likes

If it happens again ill check that out thanks for that info.