Poor performance as time goes on

Seems weird that this decrease in performance seems to be affecting only some users, while apparently the majority have no problem.

Yep, I’ve submitted another ticket to Zendesk, I would encourage others to do the same to raise awareness of the issue as it seems to be quite prevalent and has been for some time.

These in-game FPS tool screenshots are CRUCIAL…

if it says limited by Main Thread, then that’s the CPU, not the GPU, so changing your screen resolution will make absolutely no difference at all.

The other thing important to know is what plane you’re flying, because CPU issues could be related to that.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Framerate dips dramatically into a few hour flight

Exactly the same issue I’m having

Take off I have 50-60fps and soon after it hovers higher than that. But after a short while my fps will plummet slowly to the point I give up and turn it off.

I9 10850k @ 5ghz all cores
32gb 3600mhz ddr4
Rx 6700xt
1080p 165hz monitor
850 watt psu
1gb M.2 nvme for o/s
1gb M.2 nvme solely for fs2020

Playing mostly Ultra with some settings on High, Community folder cleared and it still does it. I even went as far as completely uninstalling the sim, then re install and no change.

I only use the default A320, I never use other aircraft, and it always happens on every flight. It could be 30 mins in to a flight or 2hrs

This update has pretty much ruined it for me, I loved this sim and used it daily, but now it’s just a frustrating mess that’s so full of bugs it’s not even funny anymore

Also my live weather is messed up stopping the a320 from climbing as its reading 20+c at 250000ft

I cannot fathom how this update was full of promises and has so undelivered to the point it’s more of headache trying to fix problems than actually use it.

I’ve turned off live weather, turned off live aircraft data and multilayer but nothing changes.

Funny thing is when the frames drop to sub 20fps, my gpu useage is at 20-30% and so is my cpu

Yeah this one is happening for everyone sadly, not just a unique thing to us. I feel like the problem lies within high-end processors like ours, and poor optimisation for multi-core and threaded processors. Hopefully when DX12 comes out we will have our issues resolved. But until then, Zendesk request #114812

1 Like