Pop outs

A few weeks ago someone asked and someone answered a question about programs used to pop out windows to portable devices. Well, I forgot to save the advice given and now find myself searching for those programs. I have two older google tablets and a really old I-pad and wonder if any of those could be used display of PFD, MFD, etc. I’ve tried spacedesk but have had limited success so I’m looking again.

Spacedesk is the main one to be used, what do you mean by limited success? Spacedesk works perfectly for me, just be mindful that it is not compatible with Nvidia overlay, having this enabled when using spacedesk can cause performance issues resulting in dropped frame rates.

Yes, SpaceDesk is what we use to use our tablets / iPads as display devices.

You would install it on your sim PC as well as the app on the device. Most are supported, unless they are really old (like first generation).

Duet could also be used, however it can only connect 1 device so limited.

Aside from that, we use MSFS PopOut Manager which allows you to pop everything out, move it where you want it, resize, etc, and then it will remember and do it automatically for you going forward.

1 Like

When you say you had limited success, what do you mean?

Although Spacedesk always works for me, I can’t quite understand how it could be “limited”. Either the device is presented as an additional monitor or it isn’t.

The only other possibility is that a Spacedesk monitor might not be recognised as a touchscreen.

To fix that, start/run CMD and type “multidigimon --touch” [enter] then press enter for each non-touch monitor, tap each touch monitor.

I think you only have to do this once for each new monitor.

I was trying to put the FBW A320 PFD and ND on the same device. It always gives me one window with two smaller windows, one for the PFD and another for the ND. Each is too small for my old eyes.

They will always do this.

Once you pop them out (and they double up), you’ll see a magnify glass with a + in it.

Click on that and it will break them apart and allow you to resize them and move them (independently).

Or use pop out manager to do it automatically.

2 Likes

I’m sure this is a stupid question, but I still need spacedesk to create the second or third screens?

You would need space desk if you are going anting to use an iPad, tablet, etc as a screen.

If you’re just using another monitor, no.