PopOut Manager not working with Beta

Thank you! Back up and running!

2 Likes

I’m so glad POPM for SU12 update worked! And I would like to thank everyone for your compliments and generous donations and support for POPM :slight_smile:

Stanley

6 Likes

Hey Stan, can´t believe how quick you could fix this unbelievable useful “little” tool which is serving us all so wonderfully. I´m deeply grateful having this support to arrange all necessary panels in my homecockpit. From day1 of MSFS I was hoping that anybody would be able to create such a tool and it happended. Thanks a lot.
Cheers, Juergen

2 Likes

Hello guys
I use x3 TV for an internal view without cockpit (view is outside just front of glareshield).
So I used POPMNG - such a good software btw - but since SU12 and despite last update of POPOUTMNG I still have a problem… in fact when I configure every panel (PFD ND etc…) and I start POPOUT, the zoom of the main view automatically step back so far and my panel’s id number are lost… It’s difficult to explain but I will share a short video tonight.
Thanks for your help guys

Great, working again. Thank you so much, Greets, Markus

You are Legend! :blue_heart:

Have iPad 1. SD not compatible anymore :flushed:

He said old not ancient. :joy:

3 Likes

Great job. I tried it and it worked. One question. Why is it trying to reach out to user-images.githubusercontent.com? Norton detected it as a threat.

Thanks to Stan.
I just updated MSFS and found exactly as described.

1. Popout Manager will pop out the first panel but then gets stuck
  2. All other panels have to be popped out manually.
  3. Even though panels now pop out in MSFS where they were last placed, you still have to pop each panel out manually every time… which is a pain… because I had eliminated the need for my keyboard in the SIM… now I need it again for Right-Alt
  4. There is no means of fine adjustment - and I have several digital instruments that need fine adjustment.
  5. Touch screens function is gone.
  6. you lose control of the plane unless you click back to the SIM window.

Asobo have basically stuffed this up and made it worse because there is no option to disable MSFS popout.
Popout manager was working seamlessly - with everything just working automatically whenever a plane was opened.

I found your updated fix 3.4.6 and will install tomorrow

That release is on a different branch and was primarily for the beta. It will probably work but the main branch will likely get the same fix soon. I’m sure Stan will let us know soon enough.

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, version 3.4.6.0321 has been updated in github and flightsim.to to address SU12 compatiblity issue. Also, POPM auto-update has been enabled so you should see an auto-update prompt if you have not manually update to latest version yet.

As for the code branch, I’m currently still on vacation and will be back home next week to officially merge the SU12 version code branch into master when I get home.

Stanley

3 Likes

HI

Is it possible to set the program to group popups as it was before su12

Dominik

You can no longer group popouts as of SU12. That’s a sim thing, not a POPM thing

It’s very bad, with more than 1 window fps drops from 45 to 30

Thanks Stanley, got the auto update. One odd note…I was experimenting with “Run as Administrator” with MSFS to the AAO to play nice and that broke POPM. It makes sense to me and I don’t think there’s any need to run MSFS in the mode but my guess is that if I run one as Admin, I need to run all. Just an odd troubleshooting note.

Great product and the auto-update is awesome. Best wishes.

We’ve been complaining about this to Asobo since the sim launched. And so far, they’ve done nothing but ignore us on the issue.

Thanks again. I Have replaced with version 3.4.6.0321.
On thing I noticed but don’t know or remember… in my old popout panel manager community folder there were 2 folders called “zzz-ready-to-fly-button-skipper” and “mobiflight-event-module”
But the “mobiflight-event-module” was not with the 3.4.6.0321 version.
Is the “mobiflight-event-module” required… or have I accidentally put that there?
(I have kept a copy just in case).

You don’t need the mobiflight folder, just the ready-to-fly-button skipper is needed for POPM. Sorry for the confusion.

Stanley

Thanks Stan. Used the updated PopOut Panel manager today. Brilliant.
Even better than before now.
Updated all my panels and it is a dream to see everything just happen automatically.

Donation coming from me for sure!!!