POSCON - Great for GA / VFR!

Flying in Microsoft Flight Simulator VFR is one of my favorite activities to do. While the built in multiplayer function is great I miss being able to talk to the other airplanes over VHF. POSCON allows me to simulate VHF communications just like in the real world. It’s quite amazing flying in British Columbia making a traffic call, then hearing another pilot 30nm away at another airport with lots of static due to the terrain.

What is POSCON? Perhaps you have not heard of us yet, here is brief description:

POSCON is a massively multiplayer online network that connects users of various flight simulator platforms together with virtual air traffic controllers in an interactive, immersive, and realistic environment. Our team of highly skilled aviation professionals have developed a common error-based training system so that everyone, regardless of skill and knowledge level, can engage cooperatively together on the network. Consistency is ensured by gamification through a web-based point system solution where users compete for status.

Here is a brief video showing our features. Feel free to ask questions and signup today! See you in the virtual skies!

4 Likes

You were lucky to hear another pilot. I have tried it a few time but it’s just to low on pilots and even lower number of atc online. It’s going to take years for it to get the numbers. I like some of the way it’s set up but I’m keeping with vatsim and ivao for now. I’m glad you had a good time, you can’t beat flying with real atc.

You might have missed the point.
In POSCON you have ‘voice unicom’, so you make your calls as you would do in real life, where you don’t even know if there is anybody around.
OP says in the title ‘Great for GA / VFR’ and it’s certainly true. For GA / VFR you can’t beat voice unicom.

Yes but it Would be nice to hear other pilots on at the same time. I like that poscon you use the real freq and I do hope more people use it as I still do now and again. R