Possible cause for AI-traffic's poor FPS?

Just a tought: could it be that the performance issues with AI traffic are not related to the models, liveries and visuals in general?
I noticed that when I spawn and start FSLTL performance stays ok for the the first couple of minutes. I only see a severe drop once the first aircraft start to move. So my hypothesis is: it is not the rendering of the models but the archaic ATC engine from FSX times trying to calculate taxi routes, arrivals and departures in the background.
I also see one of my cores starts to get hammered after a few moments and I’m limited by mainthread. I suspect the ATC engine is not optimized for multi-core CPUs and limits the sim’s entire performance by pushing one core to its limits with its route-calculations.
I suppose we will continue to see poor AI performance as long as Asobo do not optimize the ATC engine managing traffic in the background.

4 Likes

When I upgraded to the latest version of FSLTL I saw a big performance hit that was not happening with FSLTL v1.0

I reverted back to v1.0 and performance drop is gone, so if you recently updated it and still have the original version, go back to it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.