Post SU10 VR Performance

Same here. Very smooth and joyful.

Just would like to ad- I have with su10 around 40 percent cpu usage (i9 9900) and…attention…around 10 percent gpu usage!!! (RTX 3090). The memory usage is around 16 of 32 GB. My Reverb G2 settings are in the most of the cases on high. The details and so on are on 100.

I guess…It will be great after a few bugfixes and so on. And I didn’t finish trying other settings. I have to restart the flights because of the mentioned bug concerning 2D- VR switching. But I don’t have to restart MSFS.

Regards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here with HP Reverb G2… Getting 34-36 FPS with DLSS Performance when I start but it gradually deteriorates to 8fps. Changing DLSS to Ultra Performance does help for a while but again after a while I’m back down to single digit FPS!

Hey, I believe you.
I’ve noticed these kind of behaviors before, and I’ve desperately tried to reproduce these kind of situations but not really succeeded. Can you recreate this … “minimize that app” etc?

So after more testing… WIN 11. installed Geforce Experiance Beta (disabled overlay) Removed OpenXR (and also tried updating to 1.2) Updated to Nvidia Studio Driver, Switched to DX12 (worse performance) (Limeted by GPU) switched back to DX11 (limited by Main Thread)… uninstalled Win 11 latest update (XXXXXX83) Still exactly the same!!! As soon as I switch from VR back to 2D 100% gfx usage and FPS below 30! so the only thing now that is different is SU10!!! I can confirm once back to 2D and getting 100% bug if I CLOSE oculus software the bug stops. If I then RE-open Oculus software the game runs with worse performance in 2D than Prior to switching to VR (main thread stutters). So your SU10 update doesn’t like Oculus software!!! HOTFIX NEEDED ASAP or you have given me a broken sim.

2 Likes

I can read around several posts saying the same thing as you, from Rift CV1 to Quest 2 and Rift S.
You should create a new thread saying “VR broken for oculus users”, to grab all testimonials and be able to vote the issue. Opening a support ticket is also needed.
I have an Oculus Rift CV1 but will not be able to test the sim in VR before some times.

2 Likes

Same for me: much better, faster, softer and smoother graphics and nice. No probs with long flights and to me now it’s really nicer.

My case is with Oculus Rift S, AMD uP, 2080 Super and - as always nicely set Oculus Tray Tool (pd at 1.5) as well as FS2020 Nvidia dedicated profile settings :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bet that 1.5 PD looks amazing!:beers:

Hi guys,

Made different performance testings today (and in the past) with my G2. I got the best performance (and quality) with the standard image settings in Nvidia Control Panel > Performance (based on driver 517.40)

Got the best benchmark result and a better framerate (DX11 tested, using DLSS performance, and OXR 105%, AMD sharpenig 200%).

1 Like

In complex areas - 3rd party airports, near photogrammetry cities, etc. as soon as I turn on VR it’s 12-15 fps.
The same with DX11 is solid 30-50 fps.
DLSS (any), 100% in openxr, evga RTX3080, Intel i9-10900, latest nvidia drivers.

I really don’t understand how. I have a 3080, not Ti. DX12 - 10 fps, DX11 - 40.
As simple as that, even with today’s drivers.

1 Like

A shot in the dark folks.

Turn off
1 “Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling” settings-display-graphic settings
2 “Game mode” search for it

At least things got stabilized and improved for me. (win 10)

Mats

Still getting CTD’s when entering VR after Nvidia update. Thought this was to be fixed? Oh well, back to DX11 with DLSS. Looking forward to Canada!

1 Like

Didn’t try VR yet, but I ran my usual benchmarks right after SU10 with the same drivers and settings and noticed a very small decline in performance, like about 2%

Everything seemed to improve for me when I replaced my AIG Traffic with FSLTL today!
No more stutters and blackouts, especially around airports. So many things opened up and performance is now smooth and fast. Especially with DLSS and DX11. Something was not right with my system and AIG I suppose. I’m thrilled!!

1 Like

I am getting horrible perfermonce with the SU10 update and new drivers, i have an 3080 with a index (also tried it with my quest). it was relatively ok before the update but now it is a stutter fest. Didn’t realy change any settings apart from DLSS

Anybody else havind those issues?

Yes, issues here. On the last beta (same code as su10 public release) I was having really smooth performance, I’d estimate that on average I’ve lost ~10fps the last few days. Only change is the ‘new’ driver, nothing else changed. although initially, performance with this driver was good so I’m not sure what to make of it. Will revert and check if the previous one restores some frames anyway.

1 Like

Update… I just updated OXR and now (as you all suggested), allows me to enter VR without CTD.
It’s all running very smoothly now! :+1:

Weird cause my 3080 is now running smoothly with DX12 and DLSS on Quality with G2. Took some tweaking and updates. What’s your processor like?

There is an update/patch out now. Maybe it helps the people who have problems.
Regards

Has anyone reverted to the previous Nvidia driver? I had silky smooth performance until the driver update, and now I can get only decent performance (3080ti / G2), but there’s a subtle stutter on head movement no matter what settings I use (TAA / DLSS). And forget DX12 - it’s ridiculous stutters. I have been chasing that smooth performance and the only thing I haven’t tried is moving back to the previous driver.