Andreas

22 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

Ice box - Freezing rain, Spring in Colorado. :cold_face:

4 Likes

Oh lovely! So icing has not been completely removed from the sim like some have written a few weeks ago?

Icing is such an awesome feature makes one truly feeling to fly a battle against the elements and the bitter cold, when switching on windshield heater and manifold deicing or turbine inlet and deicing and stuff.

Icing and thunderstorms + weather radar to seek a way through extreme harsh pink-marked hailstorms and castellanus-clouds when traversing a thunderstorm are the best and most intense adventures that can happen in a virtual flight. (Harsh weather screenshots are presented later, my virtual bad weather IFR flight will start in the evening.) :smiley:

2 Likes

Rainy day in Beechcraft 18. I better stay on ground!
This rain is a perfect sound for sleeping! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

My screen shot above was from March 22, 2022. I remember it being pretty accurate to the actual live weather that day, below freezing and plenty of moisture. Probably should not have proceeded with this flight especially with the Bonanza. Landing with a windshield full of ice is probably one of the most intense things to do in the sim!
Not sure about the level of icing in the current version of the sim. I’ll have to check it out this evening.

Edit
Went on a flight with the DA62, Set date for Jan 2022. Late evening winter storm IFR, Yellowstone To Livingston. Snow weather preset used. Icing gradually built, it was a nice progression to watch. Probably took 45mins for the amount of ice in the photos.

5 Likes

Bad weather / cloud formation screenshots from 2020.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Not really bad weather, but its brewing…

7 Likes

A storm is closing in from the ocean.

2 Likes

2 Likes

There is no real “bad weather” with the Fenix.

When it´s scorching hot the air conditioning is running like a pack of wolves.

When it´s cold the heater amd the de-icing is switched on.

When it´s stormy the cockpit window is getting closed.

When it´s raining cats and dogs - well it does for for less than a minute until the Fenix has left London 15.000ft beneath and another minute later it is soaring in it´s species-appropriate habitat: Above the clouds… :smiley:

(Well there are - highly unrealistic - exceptions. There are some stupid weather presets having one thick cloud layer from 7000 feet reaching up to 40.000 feet or more, making it almost impossible to see anything except white outside the windows, but such cloud formations with only dense white fog reaching up to 40.000ft does not exist in real weather conditions. Even the most dense ground fog is never reaching higher than 1000 meters, and cloud layers are never 35.000 ft thick.)

2 Likes

4 Likes

Circling over Denmark and Sylt in the approaching thunderstorm while reprogramming the FMGC after missing the ILS glideslope on Sylt.

But my two passengers really wanted that Fleur de Sel, harvested fresh and wet (and crispy on the tongue) from the North Sea!
No matter how high the waves were… Cheap NaCl on the table is no excuse if there is also Fleur de Sel waiting.

3 Likes

Somewhere near Mount Cook, NZ

Ominous clouds over Apia, Samoa

3 Likes

It was hard to get this big boy in the air but I managed it.

3 Likes

3 Likes