- Post Your Cockpit Pictures Here -

Very nice setup! I don’t want to derail this thread, but I haven’t been able to find out if the Logitech Radio panel is always on or if it turns on and off with the avionics switch like a real plane? I’m planning on getting it soon and I’m hoping it isn’t on all the time.

1 Like

The radio panel is commanded with avionics switch(es) either from the VC or if you have the Logitech switch panel.

1 Like

Oh nice so it does turn on and off with the switch, thanks.

1 Like

Finally finished… just a couple details left to button up, then I’ll do a more in depth full walk through video. I’ve been working on it for a couple months, so this is the first time I’ve got a chance to see AAU1 and the new Longitude, and while it looks great all my stream deck profiles will need an overhaul, so need to spend a day cleaning all that up. Can’t wait, though! DIY HOME COCKPIT IS DONE...FINALLY... #shorts #msfs2020 #homecockpit - YouTube

14 Likes

Hi there,
Aplogies for not getting back sooner but there is a software Driver for the Saitek Panels. See here

If the Sim CTD occurs, I have found that you need to End Task the Driver before re-launching the Sim.

2 Likes

Well, he DID fly a helicopter at one point - learning while flying, ISTRhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Free_or_Die_Hard

1 Like

I have found the same with the switch panel, CTD requires manually killing the driver.

Does anyone know why the Saitek peripherals don’t work like others and just show up in the sim? I know they show up in Spad.next, but I didn’t want to have to have yet another tool running just to control and configure this one thing. I wish it showed up in either the sim or in Mobiflight which I already use.

1 Like

My bet is they have some kind of proprietary software/driver, but you would think they would work with Asobo and Microsoft to get it supported 100% so more people would want to buy it. Manually ending task on the driver doesn’t seem like a big deal though. Can’t wait until my Parker Fly Mojo guitar sells so I can get some of them!

1 Like

I have added features since I posted last year to allow other planes to operate as well.
So it is different from a realistic jet fighter.

30 Likes

Nicely done…CONGRATS

2 Likes

Champion!

A drool-fest is an understatement.

1 Like

Cockpit specification
http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~fltsimcpt/mt_cockpits/jetpit.htm

3 Likes

All that’s missing is a slot to insert a coin (or card) to play :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Approximately how much did this cost to make? (I am looking at possibly making one)

1 Like

Update to my cockpit:

Using SpaceDesk to use an ancient Android tablet to allow me to separate out the “glass” parts of the glass cockpits so that they are easier for me to read.

I have a second tablet just like it, and when I find it, I will separate out the other glass indication.

Note that I have not actually flown with it yet, so I don’t know what effect it might have on anyone’s frame rates.

Update:
This is the article on YouTube that discusses how to accomplish this:

4 Likes

Probably more than mere mortals can afford!
:wink:

5 Likes

Do you have a hole pre cut in your ceiling for when you fire the ejection seat?

Nice Build!

11 Likes

I had forgotten that :laughing:
Thanks for the advice.

3 Likes

Haha, I hope so :grin:

1 Like

VR cockpit based on a C172.

6 Likes