Post your DX12 with Studio Driver Results Here

You missed the post from Nvidia that said the optimizations for flight sim were alreay in the studio driver. And when the GRD is released you will see no difference? Its only been posted 100 times already.

3 Likes

facepalm :exploding_head:

1 Like

Exactly

10 char

I’m gettting great perfromance with Studio Driver 517.40 with SU10 and DX12. Nvidia has stated that the Studio Driver already contains the fixes for MSFS. I don’t expect to see anything “better” when the Game Ready driver is released. (I’d be pleasantly surprised if it does.) I also don’t buy into the “Game Ready” vs “Studio” marketing gimick. From my expereince, the drivers are at their core the same.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/501521/new-driver-for-msfs-2020/

4 Likes

I don’t often say this - but I wholeheartedly agree.

2 Likes

I installed the studio driver and tested over the weekend. This was the first time ever for me that DX12 worked and seemed reasonably good. I fly 100% in VR using a Varjo Aero headset powered by a 3090.

I’m using DLSS performance setting which definitely improved things for me.

But I did find it to be slightly smoother still in DX11 so I went back to that for now, and after doing that I bumped up a few more settings to ultra and that brought back some slight stutters and lower frame rates in heavy areas like NYC but still getting 40 plus out in the country and in less heavy areas.

Overall, the experience is much better in SU10 than it was before. I still get slight stutters now and then but better quality most of the time. I could back down some of my settings and eliminate the slight stutter, but it still seems relatively smooth and the stutter when it happens is tolerable. I plan to get a 4090 card next month and hope that will make it even better yet. I think DX12 is almost there and will definitely give it another try after I get a 4090.

Don’t believe the 4090 hype. Instead, wait for AMD to release the X3D CPU early next year. I’m willing to bet MSFS will benefit more from that than 4090 GPU. And you’ll probably spend way less.

2 Likes

Something with DX12 (or if its DLSS) when flying over water and how the aircraft shape is shown in
well, a picture will show this better
 Also seen lines in the sky. Latest Studio drivers with my 3060 Ti.

https://imgur.com/a/o93RrDy

Some digital jitter (didnt see this when taking the screensho tactually) in the clouds as well.

https://imgur.com/a/jq34Oj1

SU10 non Sudio driver DX12 = CTD VR
SU10 non Sudio driver DX11 = 30% GPU usage FL320

SU10 Studio driver DX12 = VR works
SU10 Studio driver DX12 = 99% GPU usage at FL320

9700k 3090 both OC

Whatever it is, sound like conspiracy by MS to help Nvidia sell their latest RTX4XXX.

Sure now we all need more VRAM

My GTX1660 TI with 6GB of VRAM is doing fine.

Up to 10 GB used including shared.

1 Like

Intel 12700kf , RTX3070Ti 8gig mem , 32 gigs DDR4 ram. Win11 dev mode. Studio driver

The new Game ready drivers are available with number 517.48

So far hasnt changed a thing here 

Where are you seeing this? Even on Nvidia website for driver downloads it still showing 516.94

Here GeForce Game Ready Driver | 517.48 | Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11 | NVIDIA

1 Like

Difference between the drivers is quite low at least in non urban area. I haven’t tested this in highly populated areas/big cities.

Resolution scale 125% isn’t best to test DLSS quality, but it’s how I play. The difference between the drivers is 4 FPS DLSS enabled.

Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHZ
RTX 3060 Ti
DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
Game in 480GB SSD (A400)
Windows 10 21H2 19044.2075
1080p/144Hz

1 Like

They’re out, havent made a bit of difference here so far, but I have network issues (*again) with spectrum so we’ll have to wait to see if that fixes things for the better

Try refreshing the nvidia driver page your using.

So, can anybody confirm if there is any difference between both drivers? :joy::joy:

1 Like

LOL there are already plenty that have confirmed both that it does and that it doesnt. Starting to think maybe Im going to need to extra popcorn for this one.

So far there is no difference here. If your not running a 3000 series card it will do nothing for you, since us lesser card users already have the game features working supposedly.