Post your DX12 with Studio Driver Results Here

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but rhink it relates to said driver and im at work so can’t get on to test right now.

With dlss enabled do screens and guages etc ie speedtape appear blurry as they did in early beta builds or has that been resolved?

Since Asobo clearly states the memory management is disabled until Nvidia releases the driver then it’s clear as day and night that the studio driver is not the one you need, if it was then they wouldn’t have mentioned it in the first place (because the studio driver released a day before SU10). Do people actually not understand this?

10 Likes

I don’t think that is the issue.

I always install the latest driver.

1 Like

I totally disagree. The release notes were written several days back.

I think we could all end this speculation if MS/Asobo would just confirm.

And it is that hard to change them before going public knowing that Nvidia released a studio driver? Again not the one needed for the update

You’re missing the point.

It’s all speculation – none of us know the answer, so to write as if it’s “the truth” is the point I’m trying to make. You don’t know, I don’t know, no one knows but Asobo. Why would Nvidia’s Studio Driver mention a fix for MSFS in it’s release notes?

4 Likes

Same for me. Butter is truly the word! Direct x 12 seem to have some problems though. When getting close to water I see a lot of moiree sort of. A Fine pattern of Digital Visual gitter almost. Also edges on glass looks bad. Seems like there is no AA on some parts of Glass. I especially saw this on the small Diamonds Side Windows. But besides this everything is just fine and dandy, even with multiplayer on ETC. 5600x and rtx3060 ti. Playing in nstive 2560x1440. I have set my screen to 50% of refresh rate which is 144 Hertz. So 72 I guess. When going down to 33 % i get red on GPU and things are not as Smooth any longer. I am using the dlss quality option. Still a bit blurry at sometimes but I haven’t played around with a AMD sharpness setting. Not sure What is does or if it’s only for AMD GPUs or if it’s using the CPU. But over all very Smooth experience both on ground and in the air. I got some stutter when getting close to the dashboard and panning around. The biggest problem i found was the water really. But the DX12 is still in beta don’t forget that. Not sure if I should get back to dx11. I might wait and see what the game ready driver does for the game. For now I am on the latest Studio driver. I might better be off with the latest game driver until the release of the new driver… I am kind of Curious how the Memory management with work is etc

3 Likes

“The driver”. Nvidia has released “a driver” since that post was made.

There is a note in the release notes for the studio driver.

3 Likes

Same here, improvement in dx12 now, much smoother.

2 Likes

The studio driver made a night and day difference in my performance. Running DX12 perfectly smooth with decent frames. Before the driver It was unplayable stuttering mess. Unless my system literally just needed ANY driver to be installed then its safe to say this studio driver made a huge difference, at least for me.

I can actually test this by going back to the game ready driver and seeing what its like. I will report back.

2 Likes

Correct… that’s what I said. :wink:

3 Likes

My experience as well. Probably a video memory leak IMHO. Started at 45 fps. An hour later, landed at 20 and it was unrecoverable without a restart of the sim. Restarting the flight didn’t help. Loaded in at 20 fps before I even popped out my instruments.

Weren’t you in the beta? For us beta tester there was no update since we were already on the current version. So you’re saying the driver alone gave you better performance on DX12?

Yeah, there’s definitely something not right with the water.

Performance is mediocre for me on my 3070Ti with the studio driver and DX11.

That said, the performance drop happens when I pop out my instruments. It seemed ok without that. But with the popouts, it was basically unusuable.

I’ve since DDU’ed and reinstalled the current game ready driver. Will just have to wait for nVidia and Microsoft to get their act together and release it.

But only from time to time. Might be cause of different light in different scenarios. Or maybe something else. But over all I find SU10 + Latest Studio driver to be quite a pleasant surprise! =)

1 Like

Do I need the latest nVidia driver ( 517.40 ) for DX12 ?
No matter what I do, when I activate DX12, close the sim but it won’t start, anymore
Could anyone help me, please ?

Ok. just got home and fired up the sim to do some testing.

First Test, I did a test with current DX12 and current Nvidia Game Ready Driver. Results were as many stated before, lower or about same FPS as DX11 but with more stutters.

Second Test, I downloaded the Studio Driver and got back into the sim and all I can say is WOOW. It definitely made a huge difference. I did not gain any FPS, but it is completely stutter free. Now when I say completely stutter free, I mean smooth as a baby’s butt.

So yes, the Studio Driver made a differnece at least for me and my 3090 Ti.

6 Likes

I am on DX12 and Studio Driver. It’s all good.

No stutters, smooth experience. GPU memory is not overflowing, curiously when I saw the usage while flying before it capped at 9GB for me and leaves 1GB free.

I’ll stay on this driver for now. I’m happy.