Post your DX12 with Studio Driver Results Here

This seems to be an issue with DLSS rather than DX12, as I get this using DX11.

1 Like

Good performance??

I didnā€™t gain any more fps. I get actually about 5 fps less than DX11, but itā€™s way smoother on DX12. Not one single stutter

What VRAM usage are you all getting in DX12? With my 3090 I am pegged right at 7.9gb. Experience is great but curious if people are getting higher and under what circumstances.

Ok. Thanks for the info. :+1:

They didnā€™t say anything about a Game Ready Driver. The Studio Driver is already optimized for this Sim.

2 Likes

This is a screenshot of my HWinfo after a few short flights:
Screenshot 2022-09-22 011220
The third column from the left is the max

Tried it, lost 8 - 10 fps

I guess it demonstrates that every PC is not the same. So strange, most people are with you on that, but for me If I use DX11, it stutters when I pan left/right. DX12 with DLSS quality and no stutters and more fps. Also keep in mind I have a 4 years old CPU i9-9900K.

Totally true.

If you are using the Studio driver from NVidia, MSFS should automatically detect that you are using the new NVidia driver with the fix to the corrupted DX 12 images. At which point, MSFS will automatically enable the memory management optimization feature for DX 12. Matt Nischan, the lead of Working Title, said this. While Matt is technically not a part of Asobo, because he is the lead of Working Title, he is technically on the MSFS team. This is what Matt said:

The memory management driver feature is automatically enabled by the sim if you are in the new driver, in SU10. There is no additional action or patch required by the sim team.

Again, just to be 100% clear on this:

• If you are not on the new driver, the sim will not attempt to engage the DX12 driver memory management feature

• If you are on the new driver, DX12 driver memory management will be enabled by the sim

Note that the Game Ready driver from NVidia has not been updated yet. So the Game Ready driver from NVidia does not have the fix for the corrupted images in DX 12.

2 Likes

Guess we will have to start comparing settings/environments again soon, my i9-12900K still stutters quite a bit in both DX11 and DX12, though a lot less than before. I have turned most settings down quite a lot (terrain is at 200 or even below for example). In DX12 I can get 58-60 FPS with the studio driver though, so thatā€™s not bad at all. Iā€™m going to experiment with HAGS and Game mode again, see if there is any difference there.

On my 3090 Ti Iā€™m hitting 10 gigs.

And that contradicts whatā€™s in the sim release notes saying this is not implemented until the new driver is released.

Iā€™m reserving judgement until the GRD is released.

It definitely made a good difference for me by installing the studio driver. I was having stutters with DX12 before and after installing it is now butter smooth.

Although, I do not recall well, but I could swear on the first beta build not only was DX12 smooth and stutter free, but it also gave me way more fps than DX11. Right now itā€™s opposite. Iā€™m getting about 10 less fps than DX12.

Hopefully you are right and Game Ready driver actually opens up DX12 how it should.

1 Like

Why a CM has not come along and said this is beyond me.

They remind me of absentee parentsā€¦

3 Likes

Very fortunate for you. My luck wasnā€™t quite as good. I saw large deterioration in performance with DX11 and the studio driver. And stability has been atrocious. Iā€™m getting that ā€œproblem with GPUā€ error that people have been reporting for a while now constantly.

DX12 is problematic too. I noticed that outside of the broken textures everywhere, performance starts off good, but deteriorates over time. Even if not doing anything.

I was programming some Air Manager instruments yesterday. I had the sim running for about 2 hours sitting on the apron in DX12. I chose a quiet, out of the way autogen airport in an autogen area. Started off at near 60 fps. After 2 hours of just sitting there doing nothing but having engines running and flipping switches, fps had deteriorated to the low 20s. Iā€™ve never had this happen before.

Iā€™ve DDUā€™ed and rolled back to the current GRD and Iā€™m back to performing normally as I was through the last version of the beta.

Indeed. In fact I was just thinking this, which led me to this thread. Now Iā€™m going to read through the remaining 73 replies, hoping that one of the replies is from a CM with a no-nonsense answer to this very simple question.

2 Likes

Not sure what they mean by ā€œStudio Driverā€ but I presume it means that Asobo has worked with nVidia on a special driver for our nVidia series 30x cards just for the Flight Sim and if and when we load that, it will be a game changer with DX12 turned on with Performance mode only, and DLSS turned off.

I mean, really donā€™t know whatā€™s so hard for someone to answer this question. Is it Game Ready or Studio Drivers we need and does another sim update need to occur once drivers are updated to activate memory allocator?

1 Like