Post Your Inappropriate Landings

looks like you got there a bit early!! Certainly more people landing at Stonehenge now, (including me!)

1 Like

3 Likes

South coast of Madagascar, near Manakara airport…

a lot of open grassland, ideal to land and take off again :smiley_cat:

1 Like

2 Likes

5 Likes

Practicing with Goose,

… take off airport, land on water (moderate the rudder at takeoff, goose wiggles…)

Don’t make things too difficult

Oops… inaccurate height… and landing gear still down … did not watch the green light
poor Goose :woozy_face:

Let’s find a place with some more space

there we go

3 Likes

at the Helix and viewing the Kelpies…

3 Likes

I remember that on the news I was 12

No Guards to Welcome me?

4 Likes

Very inappropriate place to land. Ball’s pyramid in the Pacific :joy_cat: about 600Nm off the coast of Sydney

1 Like

A tiny bit flatter that in real life… :rofl:

These landings are not inappropriate, actually… they’re RL and genious :kissing:

5 Likes

I think I melted all the Nascars at Daytona :rofl: :rofl:

Coming in…

6 Likes

Are we still talking about the Turkish Airlines crash of 2009? In that case your description of what happend is far off.

Long ago… what did you hear ? according to the newspaper here it was some altimeter failure (they assumed to be higher up… dunno, I’m not a tube man )

Landed the Aerolite 103 ultralight on the helipad for the OHSU hospital in the hills of southwest Portland:

6 Likes

Here’s mine from Heathrow last year! Not long after the sim released! :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s a pretty cool “downward dog yoga pose” with that! :+1: :wink:…nice shot!

1 Like

Rather surprised nobody has done Venice yet! Some from yesterday:

I thought Venice looks pretty good in MSFS:

Bit off line on finals

Over the fence?

Between the houses now. And this low the flaws in PG shows (no surprise!)

Almost…

And down!

Nowhere to go!

I could not stop in time (will have to figure out how to slow down the Icon once on the water!) so I “beached” it next to the upcoming bridge. No place to turn!!

Parked, so I dropped in for some coffee at the house next door… Again I must say I think Venice looks good!

Will try it again in different spots.

10 Likes

Yes I did…really enjoyed that layout. Just kept repeating my passes to view as much as I could. Nice place!